Ch.19 Love Bites

Previously;

Genevieve complied, she sat Indian style, showing her slightly swollen wrist to Remy. Regret was clearly seen in his eyes, he kissed her wrist, fingertips tracing over the red marks of his own fingerprints.

Genevieve pushed his hands away and leaned up and kissed him on the lips, silencing him from further apologies he would have said. The kiss was sweet and light, Gens' toes curled and her hands roamed Remys' stone hard chest timidly. His arms tightened around her instantly as he felt it; their mate bond strengthening. He groaned and slanted his mouth over hers, his tongue moving out to tease her lips open and then when they did, sinking into her warm, wet, welcoming mouth.

Their make out sessions were becoming more frequent, more fevered and hot. They'd have to settle that soon ...

***

Genevieve woke up to her phone ringing, the loud melody blaring through the silence of the house. Laying on her stomach, she reached out towards the nightstand, fingers grasping her phone.

Her best friends' picture flashed across the screen, smiling she answered.

"Wild night?" Luke chuckled through the phone.

"Everything other ..." Genevieve replied with a frown on her face, as she got out of bed. It was already noon and she still planned to go job hunting.

"Why so sad Gen-Bear?" Luke hadn't called her that in years. He only used it when Genevieve was really sad or in a shitty mood.

"I-I just don't know what to do..." Genevieve sighed, glancing at the empty space on the bed, where Remy was supposed to be.

"Maybe I can help, what's going on?"

Genevieve contemplated if she should tell Luke and if so, where should she start.

"Silence, that's never good. Genevieve what's going on?" Luke was worrying now. He knew Gen should have never moved across the states, especially after two days of knowing her mate.

"Remy has a best friend Lily, who by the way is a witch." Genevieve started to explain. "He swears that there is nothing romantically between them, nor has the ever been but ... Lily is just always clinging onto him, like a fly trapped in a spider web. Just yesterday, she was practically rubbing her perky boobs all up on him. Throwing her long dark brown hair over her shoulder, her lips pouty. She was all I'm here for you Remy , you know that."

"Genevieve you shouldn't have to be jealous, Remy is your mate." Luke replied, after listening to his sad best friend.

Genevieve groaned. "I know, but it just really bothers me so much!"

"Well how does Remy react, when the bitch is all over your man?" Luke questioned, hoping he could make his best friend smile.

"Not much, I asked him if there was ever something between them and he promised me that they had never shared anything other than friendship." Genevieve had been getting dressed, as she continued to talk to her best friend.

"Honest thoughts on the subject?" Luke would always tell Genevieve the truth, whether it was what she wanted to hear or the complete opposite.

"Honest thoughts." She confirmed smiling, this was what she loved about Luke, he'd always tell her how it really was. That was a trait you could always appreciate coming from a friend.

"To me it sounds like your insecurities are coming back." Luke knew it was a sore subject, something they didn't regularly talk about.

Genevieve had always suffered under severe insecurities/worries since a young age. When she was nineteen, she was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD).