Chapter Twenty

Hello!!! I really love you guys! My work is becoming really popular as far as Johnlock fanfics go, so thanks so much for reading and for the support that I have been given.

Also, thank you to all the IG users who have promoted or talked about my fanfic. It has gotten a lot of reads since you started doing that!

Again, this chapter was pretty short, but don't forget to vomment, fan, and spread the word!

~BB

•••••••••••••••

Chapter 20

"Sherlock, where are you?" I asked him through the phone.

"I'm going to see Mycroft," he mumbled.

I was startled. Sherlock didn't ask anybody for help, much less his brother. What sort of relevance did Mycroft have to this case for Sherlock to willingly go to see him?

"Mycroft?"

"Yes, he was the employer of the woman who was killed," Sherlock told me.

"How would you know that?" I asked. Sherlock didn't get involved with his brother's business.

"Because, John, it was the girl who sold flowers outside of the cemetery," Sherlock said gravely.

I gulped. "Annalise?"

"Actually, her name was Charlotte Baker," he corrected me.

"She was so young..."

Yes, Chatlotte had lied to me and betrayed my trust, but nobody deserved to be killed so young.

"John, meet me at St. Barts in an hour. I'll have my information from Mycroft by then," Sherlock ordered,"That's where her body is as of right now. Molly is doing her post-mortim."

"Alright," I agreed to meet him and shut the phone.

I wandered aimlessly back to the flat. The last place I wanted to go was the hospital. Although Sherlock hadn't really died there, it was still an unpleasant memory.

Even more, I felt bad going to see the dead girl. The last words I had said to her were harsh ones, and though I thought at the time that she was deserving of them, I felt bad that I had left her with that impression of me.

Back at the flat, Mrs. Hudson greeted me with pleasure.

"John, it's so late, where's Sherlock?" She asked, looking for him behind me.

I seized her by the shoulders, taking her by surprise. "Sherlock and I have a case! There's no telling if we'll be home for a few days."

"A case? A murder?"

I sighed, doing my best to hold back a smile. What effect was Sherlock having on me? "Yes."

"Well that's good for Sherlock," Mrs. Hudson hundred. "I'll try to stay out of your boys' way for a few days. I know how Sherlock gets when he can't think straight."

We both smiled and Mrs. Hudson retreated to her flat.

I sat in my armchair and pondered who could possibly have wanted to kill Charlotte. Any person in acquaintance with Mycroft must have some enemies, but what kind of enemies? It could go either way with a position in the government.

After a while, I checked my watch. If I started to head to the hospital now, I would get there in time to meet Sherlock. Slipping my jacket back on, I stepped out the door again. It was a cool night, and the time was already 11:00.

I knew that I would never get to sleep tonight.

***

"Hello, Molly," I said as I followed Sherlock into the room where we were to look at the body.