The Wanted

It was a dark and stormy night. A girl was hunched over in a dark, back alley. She's trying hard not to breath, stricken witht the fear of them finding her. Her life was beginning to deteriorate. Her energy completely gone and she was beginning to give in to the wound on her leg. It reminded her of how close they were to her...how close she was to being taken away...forever.

   She couldn't give up now. Johnney was waiting for her. She couldn't abandon her little brother. She was all he had.

   Preoccupied with imagining the guilt that would possess her until the day she died if she left him, she hardly noticed the ever so slight sound of breathing emanating from her left. Or the muffled noise of a dark, heavy, black boot hitting the asphalt. Her position had been located. They were coming.

   Who are "they"? First and formst, they want her. They want what she is. They are scientists. Not the ones Physically after her. They are formidable beasts sent after a poor, innocent girl, who is only wanted because she is different.

   She is a young girl. Born away from this planet,, she isn't accepted in society. She has strengths beyond your wildest imaginations and has the beauty to hide them. She's always given off an innocent tone. Easily the most beautiful creature to roam the earth, she's often mistaken for being weak. On the outside, she's nothing more than an extraordinary human being. But through her veins, runs extraterrestrial blood. 

   Cornered. She's in a dark, back alley, cornered. Four tall, threatening men dressed in all black, as if to hide in the shadows. She stands and slowly steps backwards and has a sinking feeling in her heart as she hits the cold, hard, concrete wall. They grab her harshly by the arms and drag her off to the research center. She's made a decision. She will never talk again. No matter how far in despair she falls, what kind of tests or torture they will put her through, she will never utter a word again. They will not get what they want. They will never get what they want. She's no different from you. No different from me. Why should she have to endure this? Before she commits to her promise, she lets five last words escape her lips, "I'm sorry Johnney...I tried."