Love Old Blue

It's the middle of June, said the man in the black suit. He complains of the heat, but it feels nice on me. The black suit man paces back and forth, along with the other suited men of his kind. I'm not sure what they say, but they burst out in a roar of laughter. I can see the others, they stand tall and shine bright. They're at the front of the lot, with the owner's sign that says "Chevy Dealership". The man in the black suit calls the owner "Big Guy." I have never seen Big Guy.

I don't look like the others. When we were still in the garage, they all towered over me. It doesn't matter though. I see the black suit man walk in front of me with his hands in his pockets. He stops, and leans back on me. I'm uncomfortable; the black suit man is totally overweight. I can feel him stiffen up, and puff out his chest. A female must have walked by. "You look very fine today, ma'am. Is that a new dress?" He whistles. "Perhaps," She stops walking and stands in front of the black suit man. I can see the lady now, she has blonde hair and an extra small blue dress. She runs her hands down on her thighs, straightening out the wrinkles. The man gets off of me; finally.

"It could look better."

"Is that so?" She puts her hands on her hips, offended.

"Yeah, it could be lying on my bedroom floor!" The man in the black suit gets high-fived by one of the other men, and Ma'am is already stormed off in a tiny blue rampage. I'm not sure what a "bedroom" is, but I'm guessing Ma'am doesn't like it.

A rumble starts up from the other side of the lot. It sounds like one of the others, but, different. It's coming closer. I can feel it. Then, I see it's shiny metal side. It is one of us! I can see the kind from where I sit here in the lot. It's a 2009 Chevy Nova, a stunning beauty. Then, it stops. 2 humans come out of the doors on both sides. One is a tall man, with a big belly, ripped blue jeans, and tan boots. The other one is a small female. She's wearing something similar to the man. Blue jeans, and tan boots. She's jumping up and down, until the man points a finger in her direction. "Simmer down now, you hear me?" She responds by folding her hands in front of her, and walking over to the man's side. They are greeted by one of the men in suits.

"Howdy!" The men shake hands, and then the man in the suit turns to the girl, and shakes her hand as well. The man the girl is standing with calls the girl "Coley". It's an unfimiliar name. He turns to one of the suited men.

"Where's big guy?"

"Golfing, of course." The men talk for quite some time. I see the girl pace back in forth. The man she's with, she calls him "Dad." Dad tells her that she can look around. She runs off in the opposite direction of me. She's excited.

She goes straight for the others in the front of the lot. She walks slow, stopping in front of each one. Time passes, and she comes walking back with her head hung.

"Didn't find anything, sweetheart?" Dad pats Coley on the back.

"Nope." She doesn't smile like the rest of the men that are there.

"It's alright, honey. We'll find you your truck. I pinky promise." Dad holds out his smallest finger on his hand, and she locks it with her small finger. She looks at me.

"Hold on Dad, stay here." She escapes out from under his arm. She's walking my way. She get's closer, until she's standing right in front of me, just like she did with the others.

"Dad! Dad, come here! Look! This one, for sure!" She puts her hand on me. She's short. She almost looks like Ma'am. She has blonde hair, and bright blue eyes that filled with excitement. The man in the black suit comes over too. He kicks my tire. It hurts.

"Oh, this old thing? This is a 2009 Silverado. Up front, we have 2011 Silverados, they're much nicer, and better looking than this one." He points back at the others.

"Yeah, I saw them. I didn't like them. I like this one." Dad walks up behind her.

"Are you sure? This is a big thing, Coley." She nods her head.

What's going on? I'm excited, the men in the suits come over to me, and one of them leads the girl and dad into the building behind me, he said they need to sign papers. They hustle about, and all of a sudden, one of the men has the starter bar in the thing he calls the ignition. He makes my tummy feel funny, and I let out a roar like the others. He pressed his foot on my gas pedal, and makes me go behind the building. The others see me, they're jealous. Once the man gets out, he shuts my door and pats on me. He smiles, and starts talking to me.

"You're going home, Old Blue."