:::::Chapter 36:::::

"What!" I exclaim in shock. Kurt, the former Alpha of The Silver Moonstone, who had led the attack on my pack, has escaped from prison!

"When did he escape from your prison?" I ask Charles.

"Do you remember the night when you entered our territory without permission and we had surrounded you until Alarick came?" He asks me.

"Of course, I remember. That night, Tim had tried to forcefully mate with my friend and had dragged her to your territory," I say.

"That very same night, Kurt had escaped from the prison and we were searching for him before we came across you," he tells me.

"Did anyone else escape the prison?" I ask.

"Luckily, no. Only Kurt was successful in escaping."

"Why didn't you tell me about his escape?"

"Alarick wanted to keep his escape a secret."

"But why?" I can't help but ask.

"Everyone has heard about the Silver Moonstone battle and the viciousness of Kurt. Many people died in that battle and it was all because of Kurt. The news about Kurt's escape will create terror among people," Charles explains.

"But we can't keep Kurt's escape a secret for too long. What if he tries to attack any pack? We need to warn all the Alphas about Kurt's escape from prison-"

I get interrupted by Alarick as he enters the living room, "I've already informed all the Alphas about Kurt's escape. They will be cautious from now on."

Before he can head out of the pack house, I ask him, "Where are you going?"

"To the prison," he replies without even looking at me.

"Why?"

"I'm having a feeling that Kurt entered my territory along with the rogues last night to free his companions from prison. So, I'm going over to interrogate his companions locked in the prison."

"I'm coming with you," I say as I take a step towards him.

"No, you're not," he says. "You're going back to your pack." Then he turns to his Beta and Gamma, "I want you both to monitor all the activities in our pack while I'm at the prison." Charles and Daniel nod at their Alpha's command. Alarick leaves the pack house.

"I think I should get going," I say. Charles and Daniel nod their heads. And soon, I leave the pack house and head towards my pack. When I enter my pack house, I find Matt and Darius standing in the living room giving instructions to our patrol team's leader, Xavier, to increase security around our pack's territory. Xavier nods at all the instructions and leaves the pack house.

"I can't believe that Kurt escaped from The Dawnfall Depths Pack's prison. They have the best prison in the world," Matt says as he sits on the couch. "How was he able to escape from their prison?"

"That doesn't matter," I say. "What matters is that we need to find Kurt before he attacks any of the packs."

"But where should we find him? He could be anywhere."

"I think we should start searching in his pack," I say.

"You mean to say that we should go over the Silver Moonstone Pack?" Darius asks.

"No," I say. Both Matt and Darius give me confusingly looks. "What I mean is that I'll be going to the Silver Moonstone Pack alone," I tell them.

"No," Matt says as he shakes his head. "You're not going alone. We'll be coming with you," he says as he stands up.

"Matt, you're not thinking wisely," I tell him. "If we all go to the Sliver Moonstone Pack then who will protect our pack if our pack gets attacked by Kurt? He has attacked our pack once and he won't hesitate to do it again. You and Darius need to be here to protect our pack."

"I won't let you go alone," Matt says. "Darius will go along with you and I'll stay here."

"No. We need two strong leaders to protect this pack. I'll have to go alone," I try to reason with him.

"It will be best if we wait for Kurt's next move."

I turn to him. "Kurt killed my father and I won't sit here idly and wait for him to strike first. I'm going to find him. I'm going to the Silver Moonstone Pack alone and that's final!"

Author's Note: Before I finish this story, can we get a million reads on this story and can we get it in top 10 in the hot list? I'll be overjoyed if you guys help me to fulfill this dream. Keep supporting this story like you always do. Vommow! :D