Chapter Twenty-Three

Thank you for your awesome banners!

This one is from silvermistenfusion :)

***

"Yes."

The words left my mouth without me noticing.

Scott's pupils dilated and his smile was evident. With a flick of his hand, he made a gesture to Sean, who was standing up a few steps over the left, next to a street lamp. He then grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"I was hoping you would say that..." That devilish smirk appeared on his face as one strand of hair covered his left side. Instinctively, I reached out for the loose strand and removed it from his eye. As I did so, I noticed that my hand was trembling.

The fact that we were in another country striked in my mind and as we speed walked through the Parisian streets, I asked him, a little bit breathless, "I don't have my passport. Isn't this illegal?"

Scott's dark chuckles made my stomach flip. "Your Mom helped me."

Oh. Mom. I should have known.

We stopped at a little dark alley. I turned around and gladly saw that Sean was still with us. It wasn't a scary alley, but after reading quite a few frightful stories about them, a queasy feeling was darkening my mood.

"Scott, why are-"

"Shhh" he placed one finger on my lips effectively shutting me up.

Sean passed us and winked at me. He lifted his palm to Scott, telling us that we should wait.

With his finger still on my lips, Scott leaned to me and gave me one soft kiss. Somewhat breathless, and very much intrigued, I frowned and opened my mouth to ask him again what was going on, when his lips met mine in a more rushed manner. The electrifying current between us intensified and I found myself eagerly kissing him back.

A small groan left his mouth before he pulled away. His dark chocolate eyes bored into mine making my knees feel weak. Thank Goodness we were leaning on the wall, because I'm pretty sure that me falling would only be an addition to the already long list of embarrassments in front of Scott.

A moment later, Sean appeared with two hats and a pair of sunglasses. Scott placed one in my head smiling and gave me the sunglasses without another word. He did the same and as I finished adjusting the aviator glasses on me, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the light.

We entered the hotel, the Ritz, may I add, through one of the kitchens. The staff didn't spare us a second glass as we passed. They must be used to this kind of behavior.

One thing was for sure.

I wasn't.

To be honest, I was completely embarrassed. I felt like on one of those cheesy romance novels that people write on the internet, where anything can happens. Yet this was real life...

my life...

I don't go to dinner to Paris just for the heck of it...

I don't have to hide in an ugly pair of sunglasses when it's already almost midnight...

What am I doing?

A big lump formed on my throat as my eyes travelled around the elegant rooms we were now crossing. My heart started to race too fast. In anticipation or in panic, I wasn't sure...

We grabbed the elevator and I tried to control my ragged breath, but my hands started to tremble again.

Scott eyed me from the corner of his eyes. We were not alone, Sean was still with us.