Lock Me Up

UNEDITED!

***

"Time to listen to my confession.

I'm much less than I wanted to be, wanted to be.

You shine a light on my dark side, but you

Don't care what you see.

Overjoyed. Over you. Overnight.

But that's what you do.

Why don't you lock me up with joy and kisses?

Lock me up with love?

Chain me to your heart's desire

I don't want you to stop

Lock me in and hold this moment, never get enough

Ain't no way I'm ever breaking free

Lock me up..."

- The Cab "Lock Me Up"

<><><><><>

"So, who is the guy?" Penny asked right before she licked some of her mint chocolate chip ice cream. He eyes were piercing and mirrored curiosity.

"Guy?" I questioned as I fiddled with the napkin that was wrapped around my cone. I knew I couldn't play innocent with Penny, she'd was smarter than I gave her credit for.

Penny rolled her eyes at me, "You are good at a lot of things, Allison. Like convincing my father to allow you to take me to the ice cream shop. You are good at caring for people and knowing what to say, at times. However, you are the worst liar. So, spill about the guy that is making you smile like you won the lottery."

I chuckled as I thought that she and Chey would get along so well. They both are blunt and always searching for answers in your personal life.

As Chey's name rang through my thoughts; I gave a small frown. She had been ignoring my calls and texts today. I was trying reach her so I could tell her I wasn't mad and wanted to know what she got from the computer. I was hoping she had picked up on something that didn't point the finger at Colton. Yet, Chey hadn't picked up the phone so I could ask. Part of me wonder if she was the one mad at me.

"Earth to Allison," Said Penny as she waved her hand in front of a face several times.

I blinked as she dropped her hand, "Sorry, I was thinking."

"About the guy?" Penny wiggled her eyebrows, which made me chuckle.

"No, about a friend that I think is upset with me," I admitted then took a bit of my ice cream. The sweet, creamy, taste of the ice cream instantly lifted my mood.

"Why?" Her curiosity was going to be the death of me, I swear.

"Well, I got angry at her earlier for doing something." I knew as soon as I spoke up that I would spare her a majority of the details. "I wasn't seriously mad at her, but I think she thought I was and is now mad at me because what she did is trivial - nothing to break a friendship over. In fact, I should be thanking her because if she didn't do what she did I ... well ... I-"

"Yes?" Penny urged me to finish my sentence.

I gave a small smile as my cheeks turned red, "I wouldn't be in a relationship..."

Penny grinned from ear to ear, "A relationship?! So, there is a guy! What is his name? How did you meet? Do you love him? Is he hot? What did your friend do to get you two together? When can I meet him? What does he do for a living? Did he go to school - like college?"