Chapter 2

Chapter 2

All Rights Reserved

*Raphael's POV*

"I think I will hold off on the pizza. I'm going to my room," I state and head off in the direction of my room. I sit down on the floor and begin thinking about Maya.

She is a good fighter, no doubt, but there is something about her that makes me not want to trust her. She seems good and nice, but there is something else about her that she's hiding. I can tell. I know that she is keeping a secret of some sort, but how do I figure it out? I've never seen her before, which makes me a little hesitant on trusting her. Plus, Mikey tries to trust everyone. 

My door opens and Maya walks in. "Raph," she says then remembers what I said about nicknames so she stutters, but finally says, "Raphael."

"What do you want?" I ask bitterly. I'm not showing her a compassionate side. Not yet, anyway.

"Your brothers are worried about you. They said you never pass on pizza," she explains and sits down next to me. Her hands are by her side and I try to put my hands by my side, but I accidentally touch her hand. 

That's when I feel butterflies in my stomach. I've never felt like this before. I like the feeling, though, so I don't take my hand away. I shyly look at our hands and then in her blue eyes and she gives a slight smile. I can feel a blush slip across my cheeks. She's blushing, too. I move my hand away and chuckle slightly.

"Raphael," she states and I smile.

"Call me Raph," I state and her eyes light up. I think I trust her now, but what just happened? At one moment I wanted to rip her head off. Now, I want to protect her from danger. All my feelings and thoughts changed by one little touch of our hands and by one glance in her eyes. 

*Maya's POV*

"Call me Raph," Raph states and my eyes light up. When his hand touched mine, the same feeling came when Mikey touched my other hand. What was happening? Raph looked over at me and I could see his bright green eyes so clearly like I did when I was about to hurt him. What's going on? I'm so confused. My heart rate is increasing like it did when I saw Mikey. 

"Are you going to get some pizza now?" I ask and he laughs.

"Of course," he replies almost instantly. We stand up and awkwardly walk out of his room. Mikey is sitting on the couch with some pizza while Leo is watching Space HeroesDonnie is working on some inventions in his lab. Raph and I grab some pizza.

"Maya! Sit over here!" Mikey shouts and I walk over to him. There it is again. My heart is beating faster. Just like it was for Raphael. This is weird. I've never felt like this before. Never. 

I sit down next to Mikey and Raph sits next to me. I'm right between the two guys that have the same effect on me. 

I finish my pizza and put the plate down. "I have to go," I finally say and MIkey and Raph look upset by that.

"Really? You can't stay for one more minute?" Mikey complains and I frown.

"I'm sorry. I really have to go," I say once more and head towards the city. I walk back to my real home where the Shredder would be waiting for me.

I had the opportunity to crush those turtles right in front of me, except Raph and Mikey were reasons not to. I think I'm starting to feel good. Not bad. 

"Maya! Did you crush those turtles?" the Shredder asks as I walk in. Stockman and Bradford were waiting impatiently probably wanting me to fail. To their luck, I did fail. I can't get those turtles. Not now. I have a plan, though, that if these turtles must be taken care of, I won't have to be the one to do it.