Nicole Has What?!? ♥

Katrina’s POV

It has been 4 days from me and Zayn’s little home date. Nicole is still laying in bed sick. Today is the day I am going to take her to the hospital as we finally got an appointment.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing. I hit the ‘Off’ button and climbed out of bed. I walked over to my closet pulling out this outfit and getting dressed. I looked like this……

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=58997125

I will admit I loved the lace top over the pink tank top. It looked pretty cute. I walked downstairs where I saw Harry and Katie talking to someone on the phone. Probably the doctors. They have not let the twins home yet. They hung up the call with a smile on there faces.

“Whats going on?” I asked making them jump.

“You scared us Katrina! Oh and the doctor said that we can take the twins home today!” Kate said happily

“Thats amazing. Maybe you can ride over with Me and Nicole when I take her to the hospital” I said

“That will work” they said and I grabbed myself an apple and ate it. I was doing a bit better at eating. I don’t eat as much as I should but I still don’t eat what a normal person my age eats.

“Katrina, Nicole’s appointment is in an hour, can you get her so we can get her to the hospital?” asked Kate

“Sure, one moment” I said as I threw my apple core the garbage. I walked up to Nicole’s room and picked her up and walked downstairs.

I made my way down the stairs holding Nicole. She was extremely pale. I can not belive she is this sick. I walked over to Harry and Kate.

“Ready to go?” I asked

“Yea, lets go” they said. I got into the back seat while Kate and Harry took the front seats. It took a bit but we arrived at the hospital. I sat in one of the uncomfortable chairs and waited for Nicole’s name while Harry and Kate went to get there children.

About a half an hour later I heard Nicoles name being called

“Nicole?” they asked and I stood up with a now sleeping Nicole being held up so she couldn’t fall. I made my way into the doctors room where I placed her on the softish hospital bed carefully.

“What seems to be the problem?” asked the doctor. He looked to be kind of young to be a doctor.

“She has been sick all week” I said “And are you old enough to be a doctor?” I asked raising an eyebrow

“I just graduated from medical school a few months ago” he said with a chuckle. I let out a little laugh.

“Good and can you please tell me what is wrong with my sister?” I asked.

“Sure can” he said and then got her all checked up. Afterward he told me.

“I have bad news” He said sadly

“Whats wrong?’ I asked scared

“She................." he started.........

Nicole’s POV  (A/N: Gonna have to wait a little longer!)

The doctor was giving me a normal check up. I had not been feeling good lately. My stomach area was even a little swollen. I had been really sick and I really don’t know why.

When the doctor started feeling around my stomach area, he looked really worried. He looked back over my sheet and looked even more worried. What was wrong?

“Mr. Doctor man?” I asked and he looked up at me from the papers

“Yes Nicole?” he asked

“Whats wrong? You look worried” I said and he looked like he had done something wrong.

“Its fine Nicole, lets talk to your sister about what is going on.” he said

“What is wrong with Nicole?” asked Katrina

“I am sorry to say this, but she has Wilms’ tumor or also known as kidney cancer” the doctor man said. You should have seen Katrina’s face. She looked as if she had lost her favorite doll to me.

“Katrina, are you ok?” I asked

“Yes Nicole” she said to me “What can we do about it and what is going to happen to Nicole?” Katrina asked. What was Wilms’ tumor? Was it going to make me sicker?

“The treatments are either surgery or chemotherapy. Most likely she will lose whatever kidney has the Wilms’ tumor. It is most likely the left one from where the tumor is located” he said and Katrina looked heartbroken.

“What will happen after the kidney is removed?” Katrina asked

“We can either get a kidney transplant or have her go on some shots for a short time” he said. I shuttered, I hated shots. “I will hand you a packet, I need you to come back in tommarow so we can decide our treatment plan for her tumor.” he said and left the room for a moment then quickly returned with a hand full of papers that he passed to Katrina and then we left to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katrina’s POV

There are not many words to explain how I feel right now. A couple could be broken, sad, upset, hurt, and those are only a few. I drove the car all the way home then picked Nicole up. She was now asleep. I opened the door to see them watching a movie. They turned to me with a smile. I couldn’t return it. No matter how hard I could try. I walked up the stairs quietly and walked into Nicole’s room, placing her on her bed and tucking her in. I walked into my room afterward and plopped on the bed, reading through the papers that the doctor had given me. He had left me a note at the bottom of the last paper.

Here are the three options to choose from and what I can tell you about them

Surgery Alone~ With surgery alone, you are going to have to wait at least 3 weeks before the operation posing problems with the cancer spreading. Surgery benifts are removing the part of the kidneys with the cancerous tumor and getting it out of the system. She will also be on shots for around a month for her kidneys.

Chemotherapy Alone~ We can give her chemotherapy but she will be on treatment for 4 months if we do that. She will also loose most of the hair on her head because of the chemotherapy

Surgery and Chemotherapy together~ This is the one I usually suggest most. We can give her some chemotherapy then do some surgery, that is probably the easiest way I can think of. She will have chemotherapy for around 1 month, then surgery, then bed rest for a week

I thought about the options over and over. I really thought that the first idea would be good but I also liked the last Idea. I was not such a fan of the second one. I thought it over and over until I had made a decision. 

I made a choice. I decided to go with the last idea. Not to much of both. I think she could handle that, she was just going to need us all by her side.

I picked myself off my bed and walked downstairs to see everyone sitting there looking confused. They turned to look at me.

“What happened? What is wrong with Nicole?” asked Zayn

“She has Wilm’s tumor” I said and one tear escaped my eye. I quickly whipped away the tear. No one was going to see my cry, ever. I was not one to cry in front of people. I have cried maybe twice in my lifetime and one was because I was in a major amount of pain.

“What is Wilm’s tumor?” they asked

“Some type of tumor that occurs on the kidney” I said then walked out of the room and up to my room where I took nap to try to get today out of my mind.