Lucky Number Thirteen

A/N: Long Chapter :3 Super long. Music at the side, to be played when you see #.

[Xander]

There was a definite pause at the other side of the phone—and as if on instinct, an image of his blushing form surfaced. I couldn’t hide the smirk on my face, and I was sure he could hear it in my voice when I said, “Angel? You there?”

“U-U-Um, y-yeah, I just…um…yeah…o-okay,” He stammered softly on the other side of the phone, and I heard some shuffling.

“Kay then,” My heart stopped and smiled at his adorable speech, then remembered to beat. “I’ll be at the door. Just come over when you’re dressed—or…not,” I cracked something dirty; hoping to distract him from his nerves.

“O-Oh, un okay. I’ll be there in a—w-wait what?”

I laughed, pulling on a black V-neck shirt over my head and adjusting the sleeves that went up to my elbows. “Just come over. Quick.”

“Um—do I need to bring anything? L-Like snacks…or I could bring some cookies…I feel bad going over empty-handed…” Chip stated anxiously, probably walking around in circles as he said so.

“Bring yourself—good enough for me,” I smirked; but Chip didn’t seem to get it.

Curse my dirty soul.

“E-Eh…? But…I don’t know how to thank you…and besides, I’m really being a bother right now I-I mean it’s almost 1 a.m. and I must be disturbing your sleep a-and what if I wake Giselle oh no, ah I really shouldn’t bother you actually, it’s really okay if you want to sleep I-I mean, um…yeah it’s…okay,” My angel began to rant quickly, suggesting his anxiety and guilt.

I sighed, making my way towards the front door.

“Angel, really? You’re not scared of it?”

There was a pause.

“I-It?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged, though he couldn’t see it. “The thing under your bed.”

At this point of time, I was undoubtedly sure that Chip’s tiny heart couldn’t take it any longer. He began stammering again.

“W-W-What do you mean…? D-Don’t say stuff like that, you’re s-so mean!” 

I paused for extra measure.

“So you coming over?”

Still, there was hesitation.

I was impressed that he hadn’t cracked.

He used to be so scared of horror movies, he wouldn’t be able to sleep a wink. He’d jump at every scratch and sound, every movement or shadow.

Or maybe…

Or maybe—

Perhaps—

He hates my face;

More than he hates those fictional things of horror.

That…

Must be it, then.