Chapter Five

When I woke up, Ray wasn't in my bed. I rubbed my eyes rapidly then I noticed my phone beside me, I peeped at it and saw a message from Ray, I quickly opened it, anxious to read it:

Baby I had 2 leave, my mom was trippin... Movies tonight? Btw I left my shirt over there, love u bae <3

I smiled at his text and replied back to him. I looked over at his shirt, purposely folded in the spot he slept. I grabbed it to smell his scent. The smell of his Polo fragrance made me fall in love even more, I looked through my phone and saw a message from Roc,

Roc: Hey Prince :) text me when u wake up!

Me: Hey, I just woke up btw

Roc: Good, wyd today wanna chill?

Me: I can't, I'm going to the movies with Ray,

It took Roc a long time to reply, I could tell he's hurt. But why? I'm just now knowing him and I've been knowing Ray, yeah Ray abused me but he said he was going to change.

Roc: So u n Ray r together again?

Me: Yea,

Roc: Can I come over? Just really quick.

Me: Sure,

I didn't know what to expect, I fixed my self and went down stairs and waited on the sofa for him. Shortly, he came knocking on the door. I let him in and I could see hurt in his eyes. "How could you Prince?" I sat and played with my fingers hoping he would move on. "He abuses you and you run back to him, I bet he said he loves you didn't he? And I know he said the famous line 'I'm gonna change' look Prince, I'm not even mad I don't even have a reason to be mad. But, I am disappointed. Prince you can do way better," I didn't even get a chance to reply, he left with just that and went up the street from his house. As if it was set up, Ray comes in. "Jacob." I jumped up, "Hey baby," "Nah, don't hey baby me. Who the fuck was that?" He started to walk closer to me, I got nervous. "B-baby it was just a neighbor." He balled up his fist and jumped at me. "I should fuck you up right now Jacob, I told you I was gonna change but you steady pressin' my buttons." I tried putting my head down hoping he would go away, "I'm sorry it's all my fault Ray, I shouldn't have told him to come over" I cried, "Shut the fuck up Jacob, I'm tired of your ass. Go get my fucking shirt and we ain't going to no damn movies no more! And let me catch another nigga in here other than me or a family member you know what's gonna happen don't you?" "Yes." A tear fell down my face I went to go get his shirt from upstairs and I handed it to him. "What's gonna happen if you disobey me Jacob?" "I-I'm gonna b-be in trouble." I stumbled out. He left without saying anything, I cried to myself. Maybe Roc was right, People don't change. I called Roc over here in need of a friend, he heard me crying and was over in a jiffy. He walked into my house and over to the couch, he instantly wrapped me into his arms and started rocking me like a baby, "You were right Roc, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you" I said between tears, "he said he was going to change but he's not Roc, I hate my life I just want to die!" He held me closer to him and rocked me even more, he wiped my tears before he sat me on his lap. "Stop crying for me Prince," I stopped and looked at him, "I don't want you to ever say that again, I don't care how upset you are just breath Jacob." I did what he told me to. "Can you tell me what happened?" He said, "Right when you left, he came. He must have seen you or something, he started yelling at me and he was about to hit me and stuff," "We putting an end to this Prince, he can't keep hitting you, especially when I'm trying to be your boyfriend." "Well what are you going to do Roc?" I cried, he put my head on his muscular chest, he kissed my forehead and continued to rub my back in circular motions, "Ima beat his ass"