Chapter Six.

A/N: This is really late, but atleast I managed to upload it atlast! I've edited this chapter quite a lot so it should be a good lot better than my previous ones :) Tell me what you think of it in the comments, whatever you say will be taken into consideration, and if you give a really nice comment, a dedication will be coming your way! This chapter's dedicated to jayjay222 for their comment on the previous chapter, thanks! :) Also, don't forget to vote on this chapter if you think it's good or want me to continue. Add the book to your reading list to gain access to future updates :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6.

Clara had walked into her school's dining room on many occasions in her life. She was used to the loud chatter of girls at the tables, the occasional shouts of teachers and dinner ladies. What she didn't expect was silence coming from the dining hall.

Everyone's eyes were on her but she couldn't see a single friendly face in her audience. Considering the fact that everyone's eyes were on her, she suspected that Lauren and Maureen had not only lied to the police, but also the rest of the school.

Now that she'd gotten over the initial shock and sense of betrayal, Clara was determined. She'd been in this school for as she could remember but this didn't mean she couldn't get revenge. In fact, on the contrary - having known her perpetrators for so long, she was sure she could find at least something unpleasant that she could use against them.

For this reason, she masked her emotions with a fake smile as she passed the table she usually sat at, on her way to the queue. Gripped with grim determination, she looked straight at Lauren,

"I hope you're enjoying yourself. When the truth comes out though, whenever that may be, and my name's cleared, you'd better be worried. Even if you've got a false sense of security now, when people realise what a liar you are, you'll be lucky if anyone ever wants to talk to you or Maureen ever again."

To Clara's surprise, her words had quite an effect on Lauren. She looked terrified, shaking as Clara went to line up in the queue. Collecting herself, she tried to yell back at her,

"I don't know what you're talking about! We all know you're the murderer, Arianne said so! Go away and leave us all in peace!" she screeched, flapping her arms about, like some mad vulture.

 Clara waved, smirking, as she went up to receive her dinner from the dinner ladies. It was as though, with that one action, a spell was broken - people started talking again and the dining room was filled with the sound of chatter once again, as the silence was broken.

After she'd got her food, Clara decided there was no use, sitting with her old friends. It was clear that they weren't who she'd thought they were, if they could simply ignore her like that, believing Lauren and Maureen's lies.

Searching the room, Clara came across a girl with dark hair and green eyes sitting alone, who she'd seen at the back of some of her lessons. Approaching her table, she asked if she could sit down.

"Of course!" the girl replied, grinning. "That's if you want to, considering what Maureen's been spreading about me recently..."

Struck with the fact tat someone was actually treating her like an actual person, for the first time since the murder, Clara sat down, with a smile.

"To be honest, I'm surprised that you said I could sit here. All my friends have sided with Lauren and Maureen's lies; they all think I'm some sort of murderer now. Though from what you said, it's not the first time they've done something like this." she asked.

The girl sighed, rolling her eyes, "I wouldn't believe anything they say. When I heard the rumours, I decided I wouldn't listen until I'd heard you admit the murder yourself. From what I've seen of you, you don't seem like a murderer." She paused, glancing over to Clara's old table, "I think it's awful how they've all sided with Lauren's lies, but then, it doesn't surprise me much. Arianne used to be my best friend before the rumours started. Maureen started spreading it around that I was anorexic and bulimic; ever since then, most of our year group have avoided me like the plague. The thing is, it wouldn't be so bad if it were the truth but it's all lies. I haven't got an eating disorder; I don't even know how they came up with that story."