[1] Prologue

The leader of the Akatsuki has had better days. With his child just having been born, and him having to send her away just as quick, no one was all too thrilled.

Konan, the woman who carried the baby inside of her for nine months, held her hand out weakly towards the man she loved, who was holding her bundle of joy tightly in his arms. 

"But...Pein," she argued, tears threatening to come out, "she's our child. I don't want her to leave. She just got here."

Pein sighed, looking down at the crying baby that was wrapped up in her warm light-blue blanket cuddled up in his arms. Her stunning orange eyes looked right back up at him.

"We need to do this, Konan. We must protect her." His Rinnegan bored its way into Konan's eyes, which matched his daughter's. "You know how sought after our organization is, and if anything happens to us that we'll have to relocate our base, we cannot allow her to get hurt."

The five-pounder baby's wails reverberated throughout the Akatsuki's cave, something that the other members didn't appreciate.

Hidan slapped his hands over his ears, squeezing them on tightly, his teeth clenched. "Will someone shut that fucking baby up?! It's fucking annoying."

In a flash, Konan moved over to where Hidan was standing and punched him so hard on the head that he fell forward to the ground. Her eye twitched as she held up a fist. "Don't talk about my daughter like that."

Hidan cowered under Konan's evil aura and backed up some, not willing to rouse her up any more than she already was. He simply nodded.

Pein shook his head at the rest of his organization's silly antics. It was an upsetting moment for Konan and him, and yet, all the others could really think about was getting it out of there.

After squirming away from Konan's glare, Hidan stood up and walked over to Pein. "So the kid's leaving, huh? Will we ever see her again?"

"Yes," he responded, "someday."

And with that, Pein set the young girl on a pedestal, making a line of handsigns then promptly pressing his palms on the baby's stomach. Marks spread all over her, strange and swirly black designs, that began to glow red. 

"Geez Pein, what are you doing to the kid?" Kisame wondered aloud. Konan stepped up and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"He needs his full concentration for this. I'll tell you. Our daughter has space-time jutsu, and since she's too young to learn how to use it and control it, Pein is using his power to drag it out of her. It takes many hand signs and his undivided attention. Since she's still premature, this jutsu works on her, but once she's old enough...she'll have to learn it on her own. No one can force it out for her."

Kisame watched patiently as Pein kept pouring his chakra into his child's stomach, which was spreading out all across her skin, making the black designs glow a brighter and brighter red. "Where is he sending her?"

"Somewhere that she can be safe, and hopefully never have to learn how to control her powers..." she trailed off. 

Pein starting panting and removed his hands from the girl. "It is done." He then proceeded to "dust off" the remaining chakra of his child that was on his hands into a bottle, capping it securly. "This will be our Back-Up Plan. If anything happens to go wrong. When we can teleport ourselves to her new world." He glanced down at his daughter, her crying long ceased. 

"But Pein, we never got to name her!" Konan yelled once she remembered. Running up to where Pein stood, she clung onto his shoulder in desparation. It hurt her that she had to see her one and only little girl go. So many things she could've taught her about being a great woman and treating the people she loved right.

"A name...a name..." It was merely seconds before the baby would be teleported away, into some new world, one that was much of a distance from them. Like a light, Pein's mind clicked on. He snatched up a pience of paper and hastily wrote his decision on it, sticking it to the child's blanket.

Just as she was pulled out of their existence and into another, Konan caught a glimpse of what name Pein had written on the paper. It made her smile as a couple tears rolled down her cheeks. It looked familiar. "Yuriko."

~~~~~

Yuriko = Yahiko. That is all.