Chapter 41

Finley's P.O.V

Eli clenched his fists. "God, I hate him so much, I'm going to fucking kill him-"

"Eli," I interrupted, reaching out a hand to place on his shoulder. "Calm down."

"I will not calm down," he seethed. "He made a move on you!"

I bit my lip as I tried to think of words that would calm him down, but it was pointless. Eli was so furious that the only way he would calm down was if Trey Fuller moved to Antarctica.

And to think this all started barely five hours ago.

... five hours earlier...

Eli nudged my shoulder, hard. I sat up quickly, blinking the sleep out of my eyes as I looked at him. "What?" I asked in a harsh whisper.

Eli wordlessly pointed to the teacher. Sheepishly, I turned to see my teacher staring at me, eyebrows raised.

"Ms. Collins, are you falling asleep in my class?"

I shook my head.

"Then answer my question," she ordered.

I could practically feel my mind go blank as I panicked. "Um, I d-d-don't-"

"Know what the question is," my teacher finished for me.

I nodded.

"Well, Ms. Collins, if you had been listening you would have known that the question is what is the largest classification in our system today?"

I breathed a sigh of relief; I actually knew the answer to this one. "D-Domain."

"Correct," the teacher said, looking oddly surprised that one, I talked and two, I knew the answer.

"I can't t-talk without st-stuttering," someone mocked from somewhere next to Eli.

He turned and shot them such a dark glare that they slouched down in their seat and mumbled an apology.

"Apology not accepted," Eli hissed. "Keep talking like that and you'll get your pencil shoved so far up your ass lead will come out your nose."

"Sanders!" The teacher repremanded. "Get out!"

Eli stood up and shot me a wink before sauntering out the door, putting on a show for Mrs. Applebee's third hour AP Biology class.

Mrs. Applebee sighed and resumed her lesson, but I wasn't paying attention. I had more important things to worry about. Like how I had been up since two, because I couldn't fall back asleep. Like how Eli ignored his own parents just as much as they ignored him.

Now those were real-life problems, not like the stupid questions about Charles Darwin and classification Mrs. Applebee was asking.

...

Because my gym teacher is a dick, he almost made me have a panic attack because he tricked our class into thinking we had to dance with a boy, like, traditional. And Trey claimed me as his partner. Which is why I'm glad that my gym teacher was playing a prank(a really cruel, mean prank but a prank nontheless) so I didn't have to dance with Trey.

Unfortunately, however, Trey decide that he was going to dance next to me while we did Just Dance, and constantly shootme winks and smirks and things of that nature.

Needless to say, I had never hated gym more.

After class, while I stood waiting in the hall for the bell to ring so I could go to lunch, Trey approached me.

"Hey babe."

"L-Leave me a-alone," I said, trying to stand up for myself but failing miserably.

Trey winked and leaned over me, pressing his hand against the wall and pinning me underneath. I froze and started babbling nonsense, most of which consisted of the word no.

"Have I ever told you you're beautiful?" He said, leaning down to whisper in my ear, his breath wafting over my face. It stunk.

I shook my head rapidly and started sliding slowly down the wall, away from him but he noticed and put his other hand on the other side of my face, successfully cutting me off. I whimpered.

"Not so fast," he smirked.

I shook my head.

Trey leaned down and whispered, "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen," before pressing a kiss to my cheek.

My eyes widened and I shoved him off of me, staring up at him before the bell rang and I turned to see Eli walking up to me, his glare murderous. Trey noticed too and I saw his face pale before he scurried off, disappearing in the crowd of students going to lunch.

"Hi," I tried with a smile.

"What. The hell. Just happened?" Eli seethed.

"Nothing," I reassured him.

"Fin," he interrupted, his voice deadly. "Do not tell me that that was nothing, because I saw him kiss your cheek."

I shut my mouth, because I knew that if I said anything to appease Eli it would only make him angrier, and if I agreed with him it would only make him attack Trey. It was best to keep my mouth shut.

Eli noticed that I clammd up and his angry facade weakened slightly once he cght sight of my expression. "I'm not mad at you I'm mad at that dick," he reassured me.

I nodded, but still, I didn't want to say anything.

Eli turned away from me, muttering under his breath. "I can't believe him, I hate him, I'm going to kill him, I can't believe this is happening again-"

That caught my attention. "Again?" I inquired.

Eli froze, his hands pausing in his hair. "Did I say that?" He chuckled nervously. "I didn't mean that..."

My eyes narrowed. "Eli..."

"Yes?" His reply came too