Chapter Six ❤ "Janaan"

Chapter Six

                                                       "Janaan"

 Janaan, when it came to defining her, Zayed grew afraid to not do justice to that woman’s disposition. One of the very few women of his acquaintance, with whom he was so close to. It’d been over three years since they've known each other and during this period it took Zayed no time to notice Janaan's different frame of mind.

The reason why they have become such good friends and why he has grown so fond of her was because they shared the same interests and opinions on almost everything. She lived life in her own terms and just like him, had some trouble fitting in any frame. The similarity of their background in an outlandish country brought them more closer.

And now, here she was, walking towards him with nice steps, wearing an upper smile that he was very familiar with. Zayed stood up to welcome her, trying to hide his surprise at her unexpected arrival and his annoyance at the unpleasant meeting that he just had.

 “Salaam Alaikum,” She greeted as he made his way towards her. He took in her appearance. Her posture was relaxed so much so that you could feel calmness positively radiating from her.

“Alaikum as Salaam, Hayach Allah (Welcome) Janaan.” Zayed extended a hand towards her as she came forward to shake it.

“Allah yehayeek,” she replied, smiling widely. “How are you?” He beckoned her to a seat and she took the one opposite him.

“To be honest,” Zayed said, settling down, “I am entranced,” He confessed, leaning back on his chair. He saw her forcing back a grin.

“I can see that,” She teased; her pail jade-green eyes watched him with delight. He didn’t like the effect her arrival had on him or that smile she wore.

A moment’s silence passed, in which she looked around his office and he at her. “So, how come you’re here?” He began, “You didn’t tell me you were coming.” He tried to say the last sentence with some disappointment because his family was the only people she knew here but she still didn’t inform him.

“I am here to surprise you,” She exclaimed.

“Knowing that I don’t like surprises?” He arched an eyebrow. She beamed seeing that he was in a good mood, but Janaan didn't know she was the reason for that sudden change in his manner. “But I think I like this one.” He paused to look at her, “How’d you know where to find me?”

“Well, I have my resources.” She uttered. Zayed knew very well where she was going with this one.

“Funny thing that I was just talking to your ‘resource’ and he didn’t say anything to me about this sudden encounter.” And that resource happened to be Badr, Zayed's uncle and Janaan’s brother in law.

“Oh good, now that assures me that I can trust my brother in law, when it comes to you.” Janaan said, playfully.

Zayed recalled the times when he had first met Janaan. He had gone to America for his studies and had been staying at his uncle, Badr’s place. Ever since Badr finished his studies there, he chose to live in America. Zayed never understood his love for that country.