[30] "Let's be friends for now."

Brief Recap: In part 29, after pictures surfaced of Desiree online, Teddy was able to find her at a party. She was on a couch unconscious (Desiree had taken ecstasy pills from a stranger, assuming that it was aspirin). Teddy took her to a hospital where she was treated for a drug overdose. Teddy left the hospital after Desiree's family arrived. He returned when he forgot his car keys and walked in on the Garrison family arguing and ended up hearing a family secret.

Dedicated to @Keimoraa. I stole her words from one of the comments. It literally had me cracking up.

[30] "Let's be friends, for now."

Time was standing still.

That's what it felt like for Teddy. This incident was high on the totem pole as one of the most awkward moments of his life. No one spoke, the only noises in the room were coming from the machines connected to Desiree, who was still unconscious.

Teddy wanted a hole to open up and swallow him alive. They looked at him and then one another. Were theyplanning on taking him out? It looked that way. He needed to leave. His eyes zeroed in on his keys on the table beside Desiree's bed. "I forgot my keys."

He moved in the direction to pick them up and felt three set of eyes watching him. Going back to the door, he opened it to leave. But paused when a hand landed on his shoulder. He turned to face Desiree's dad? Or was it granddad? He didn't really know.

"What you heard in this room, can't be exposed to anyone else. This is a family matter."

Teddy saw the seriousness in his eyes. He looked over Mr. Garrison's shoulder and saw the same reflection in his wife's eyes.

"What exactly did I hear?" he countered. Teddy wasn't a fool. He wasn't going to admit to anything.

"I think you should tell everyone." It was said by Destiny's sister? Damn he didn't know and was feeling beyond confused.

Mr. Garrison opened his mouth to speak but quickly shut it close. Teddy took it as his opportunity to leave.

"Bye."

Teddy escaped out of the room and eventually to his car. His mind was jumbled with a number of thoughts. Maybe what he heard was taken out of context? Or maybe he misunderstood. But if that was true, Mr. Garrison wouldn't have been so serious.

The entire drive home he reflected on it. When he walked into the house, his dad was waiting for him in the living room. "How was your date?" Teddy asked.

"I have no complaints. I had a great time with a sexy woman, we had to leave early though. One of her daughters got sick."

"That's messed up," Teddy replied, playing along.

"It's alright, I still plan on getting lucky tonight."

Teddy pretended to gag. "I don't want to hear about it, I've already seen it."

Zeke's laughter bounced off the walls in the room. He patted the seat beside him. "We need to talk."

Teddy racked his brain, trying to find any and everything that would prompt this type of a conversation with his dad. Since the party fiasco, everything was fine and he managed to stay out of trouble. "What's going on?" he asked after sitting down.

"I'm proud of you, for the actions you took tonight. That girl could've been seriously injured or hurt but you stopped it."

Teddy didn't want to be acknowledged. "I didn't. She should've never been put in that situation. Sammie and I are the reasons for it. Quincy doesn't like us so he used Desiree to back at us."