It Can't Be True...

(Nicole's P.O.V)

I was ripped from sleep by the loud chatter of voices. I glance over to see Jake was gone. I pulled the covers off of my body and shivered as a cool breeze swept through the room.

I quickly pull my jeans back on and slide my black thermal and NorthWestern hoodie. I tie my hair back and rub the sleep from my eyes. I slide open the door and walk out of the door, everyone looking up at me.

"Nick!!!" Mandy stood up smirking. I chuckled "Don't call me that. You know I hate it." Jake rolls his eyes and stands up, making his way to me. He wrapped his strong arms around my waist and placed a kiss on my head.

"Sleep well." "Yes, but why didn't you wake me?" "Because I figured you needed to rest." "Me? Did you see yourself last night?" He chuckled and returned to his seat at the booth. I walked over to the booth and looked at everyone. "would you mind if a grabbed a cup of coffee?" "no problem" they all spoke in unison.

I nodded and walked into the kitchen area. I pulled myself out a mug and glanced over at the table. I couldn't help but to notice how strangely close Mandy and Jake were. Its nothing. I shook off the thought and poured myself a glass.

I added sugar to my coffee and walked back over to the group. I sighed, seeing Mandy sitting next to Jake, taking my spot next to him. I slid into the booth next to Nick, downing half of my glass of coffee. "So what's are we going to do today?" "Uh, sleep. We have the entire day off." Everyone nods except for Mandy and Jake, who were giggling to the side about something.

I frowned and got up, I walked into the workroom, putting on my suit and walking out onto the deck. The waters were calm, as were the winds, the sun was shining brightly. I smiled to myself, taking in the beauty of the Bering Sea. I jumped and turned around as Nick and the rest of the Cornelia Marie crew came out, except for Jake.

I drowned and looked at the others "where is Jake and Mandy?" "They are uh....." Nick scratched the back of his neck nervously. My gut twisted uncomfortably, fear hitting me hard. I ran inside, opening the door to Jakes room.

Tears instantly pricked the corners of my eyes, the sight in front of me was awful. "J-Jake?" I choked. He pulled his lips away from Mandy's and looked at me wide eyed. "N-Nicole it's not what it looks like!" "Than what does it look like!?" I yell, tears falling into my cheeks. I turned around and ran out of the room, straight into the helm and into Josh's arms.

"What happened?"

(TO BE CONTINUED! SORRY FOR WAITING SO LONG TO UPDATE!)