Epilogue

OK JUST WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE JUSTIN'S ACOUSTIC ALBUM AND IF YOU DON'T YOU NEED TO DEACTIVATE YOURSELF SORRY OKAY.

__________

Song of the chapter:

I Would by Justin Bieber

Nothing Like Us by Justin Bieber (excuse me while I cry my life away)

__________

Serendipity \ser-uhn-dip-i-tee\ n: finding something good without looking for it

          Serendipity. That's what Mary is for me. When I was walking home from school that October afternoon, I never expected to find anyone almost ending their life, let alone one the girl I would soon fall in love with. But I did. I found her that day and I wouldn't want it any other way. Without her, my life would be boring and I would still just be that kid on the football team who is in the local paper on occasion. Now I have substance and it's because of Mary.

          It's a warm day at the close of July, the sun's rays touching anything and everything it possibly can in hopes to share its heat. The clear, blue sky is only holding the sun, for there isn't a single cloud. As I'm driving down the street with my windows down, my arm is resting on the windowsill and my fingertips are tapping to the music that is softly playing over the radio. The breeze tangles through my hair and cools me down for the time given, because I know I will return to being hot when I get out of the car. It will cool down fairly soon though, considering it's a few minutes into seven at night.

          I'm on my way to Mary's to spend the final hours of the day with just her. She doesn't know that I'm coming because I want to surprise her. I would do anything to see her smiling and happy, even if it's something small and simple such as this. She appreciated the little things in life, which is yet another thing I love about her.

          I pull into the driveway that I had been in numerous times over the past few months, a smile finding its way to my lips when the thought of Mary's presence enters my mind. I can't fight it off even if I try because she makes me that happy. There hasn't been a time in my life where I've ever felt so content with everything, and I know it's because of her.

          Pushing open the car door, I wrap my hand around the bouquet of pink lilies I bought for Mary, well aware that they're her favorite. It was another one of those little things that I did that would make her smile. Anyways, I step out of the car and pull the keys out of the ignition, shoving them into the pocket of my jeans. I close the door and proceed up the walkway to the familiar home, which happens to be the same one that she lived in before she moved to Canada. Apparently, the mortgage was already paid off which allowed Mary to live there for free, other than the grocery shopping and electricity bill. It was manageable for her because her grandparents paid for a majority of the expenses.

          Before I know it, I'm at her front door, running my fingers through my hair and staring into my reflection held by the window to make sure I look good for her. The plain navy blue t-shirt I'm wearing matches the white Supras I've chosen to wear. I wear things similar to this all the time, because it's easy to pick out but it still looks presentable.

          I press my index finger into the button that queues the doorbell, hearing it softly ring from the inside of the house. My teeth take hold of my bottom lip, nerves taking over because I want everything to be perfect like it always is. I never want to disappoint her.

          The door opens to reveal a boy a few years younger than me with blond hair that's a similar color to Mary's. Light freckles are scattered across the middle of his face and he has blue eyes almost as bright as the day's sky. He smiles and looks up at me, well aware of my reasoning behind being here.