Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Chris

"So Leah, do you have a boyfriend?" my brother asked.

"Ben!" Everyone shouted laughing at him. Everyone except me.

What was he up to? I glared at him as he smirked back at me. Oh he was asking for it.

"What?" he smiled innocently at everyone. "You all have been asking questions to our guess. Why can't I?" he smiled moving his arm around the back of Leah on the sofa. She sat there awkwardly i noticed and smiled politely.

"So do you have a special someone?" my Mum asked smiling at Leah. I could tell that she liked her allot. My Mum never really talked to anyone but our family, especially when me or Ben used to bring girls round when we were younger.

I looked over at Leah, she had turned a deep shade of pink all over her face and looked a bit uncomfortable. But there was something inside me that didn't want to tell my Mum to leave her alone.

I wanted, no, I needed to hear her the answer.

If she had a boyfriend he would have come into the office by now. There would have been flowers sent to the office and gifts just so she knew he was thinking of her.

She would of had quick phone calls throughout the day that left her cheeks red and her heart racing.

No, I thought. Leah didn't have a boyfriend.

I mean I know she hasn't got a boyfriend because... well she never talks about having one. She doesn't look the type to have someone that no one knew anything about.

Leah was the type that you would be proud to be with and wanted to show off. She would be the girl that you are willing to travel across London in rush hour just to take out for lunch and work extra during the day just so you could leave early to walk her home after work.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that she couldn't get a boyfriend. Far from it. It was just the she seemed the type of girl, that didn't do casual dating.

She was the type that you spend the rest of your life making happy, because all of a sudden her happiness becomes more important than your own.

You wouldn't call her your 'girlfriend' because that word doesn't sum up half as much as you feel for her.

She would never just be someone's girlfriend because any idiot that had her... wouldn't want to let her go. You would what to be bound to her in every way possible.

'Bound to her' Where the hell did that come from? She's my employee and I'm her boss. I've got to stop thinking of her like this. End of story!

And then there was Jess...

Well after she answers. I just wanted to know if there was someone special in her life I didn't know about.

"Hmm no, there's nobody" she said shyly... in a way that sounded untrue. Was I being paranoid or was there someone in her life?

"Well I sure you'll find that special someone soon" Mum said.

"Yeah maybe someone in this very room" Ben said which made everyone laugh. He turned his head up towards me again, with a smirk on his face. Was he trying to provoke me or something?

Leah

"Why are you all laughing? You always tell me I'm your special little boy" Ben joked to his Mum.

"You're far too much of a player to be with Leah, Ben. She's a good girl" Karl said.

Gemma turned to look at Karl with narrow eyes. "Oh and you weren't a player when we got together?" she said to him but he just lent over and kissed her on the lips.