Chapter 4

"Love and Lies"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 4 

Trina quickly masked her irritation and lifted her chin.  She refused to let this man, no matter how sinfully sexy he looked, get to her.  He wasn't the only one who’d grown up these last few years.

She put on her best Julia Roberts smile.  "Hello Trevor, it's been a while."

He took his time assessing her, looking her over from her head all the way down to her toes.  His scorching gaze was like a physical caress over her already heated skin.  "Two years to be exact."

"Has it really been that long?"

"Oh yeah, believe me, it's been that long."  Trevor pulled out a pair of dark aviator glasses from his shirt pocket and slipped them over his eyes, concealing his expression.  "As a matter of fact, it's been too long."

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop staring at the man.  Trevor folded his arms over his bronzed chest and her eyes latched onto the action, drinking in his perfectly sculpted pecks. When she realized that she was starring, Trina snapped her head up hoping that he hadn't noticed.

The stupid man was grinning from one ear to the other.  She should have known that he'd notice.  Suddenly too tired and exhausted she sighed.   "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing important," he shrugged. 

"Look, Trevor, can we not do this now.  I'm hot, I'm tired, and I haven't slept in almost forty-eight hours."

Trevor cut her off by quickly closing the distance between them, grabbing her by the chin and invading her personal space. He lifted her face so that all she could do was look into the dark shades that covered his eyes. "Little bit, if you took a picture it would last longer."

It took her a minute and then she sputtered with indignation.  Who the hell did he think he was?

“I cannot believe that you went there.  I haven't been called “little bit” since my high school days." She jerked her head out of his grasp and gestured towards her breasts. "As you can see, there is nothing little about me these days.”

Trevor's eyes dropped to her breast.  The low cut tee that she was wearing did absolutely nothing to hide her cleavage.  He smiled appreciatively.  "You can say that again."

Trina rolled her eyes.  " You're such a dog.  Why don't you grow up and get a pair," she told him.

" It doesn't matter how old or big you are, you're always going to be little to me."

Trina grunted.  "Whatever," she started to walk past him.  "And you will always be the same jackass that followed my brother everywhere."

The last thing she needed to be doing right now was playing these stupid cat and mouse games with the sexy cowboy standing in front of her.

"Good bye, Trevor." She heading for the steps. 

"Katrina Renee Costa!"

The way her full name rolled languidly off his tongue sent shivers running down her spine.  She stopped where she stood but didn't dare turn around where he could see her face. 

"What?" she bit out curtly.

“It’s good to know that I had such a good influence on your life. You're quite the beautiful woman now.”

She drew in a deep breath and prayed for a little patience before she wrapped her fingers around this man's neck and strangled him to death.  Her nerves were frayed and her brain was functioning on fumes, literally.