Chapter 3

Chapter 3

My heart stopped in my chest. He was that handsome. The memory I had of his face from the corridor was a mere shadow of the person standing behind me. It did no justice to him. His eyes were of a colour I had never seen before: a blue that wasn’t easy to find. I had maybe once seen that colour when I woke up at the crack of dawn, and that colour lasted for only a few seconds. His brown hair looked soft like cat’s fur and I had a sudden impulse to tousle it, feeling its silkiness. The sensuous rose red lips were stretched in a secret smile as if mocking me. Here was the challenge I had been looking for all my life. He had the word player written on his forehead.

“Blaze,” Stacy pouted, looking at his striking face. “You’re late.”

“Sorry doll, it was important,” he said, barely looking at her face: his eyes were on me.

Zack looked reluctant to introduce me to him; however, he managed to say sullenly, “This is Tiana, she just moved here today.”

“Hello gorgeous,” he smiled, sending my heart fluttering. Yeah baby, I’m all yours.

The way he said it wasn’t creepy the way guys usually say these things, and it didn’t sound cheesy as well. Especially not in that sexy voice he had; it couldn’t sound cheesy or creepy if he tried.

I gave him one of my own special smiles, which I had reserved for the best of players. “Well hello…Blaze is it?”

He bent down on his knees and looked deep into my eyes. “I think I’m in love.”

Everyone stared at him amused, but did not comment or anything. I think they all assumed that, because of his extremely attractive looks, I was just going to fling myself at him and declare that he was my soul mate.

“Yes, with whom?” I asked flirting a bit.

“I don’t know yet,” he teased me, getting up from the floor and dusting his jeans.

“Tell me when you do,” I smirked and shifted my attention to Zack. “Hey Zack make the movie at 9 all right? I guess I have some work at home to do before that.”

Rule #2: Never give full attention to a boy you want to hook up with.

Boys gave this basic craving for things they couldn’t get. In order to catch a boy’s attention, it is necessary to give in a little then abruptly divert your attention. This makes them know that you are interested in them, but then they get frustrated when they aren’t given full attention and try harder. Boys love girls who are a tease.

Zack looked at me, enthralled. “S—Sure thing…I’ll pick you up at 9.”

“Aren’t we getting late for our class?” I asked, ignoring the wide, knowing smile on Blaze’s face.

***

“Tiana…” Stacy was sitting next to me in the history class.

“Yes?” I looked up at her, diverting my attention away from the skinny Mrs. Hart teaching us about something really boring.

I noticed something then. I had been wrong about Stacy.

“You are good.” She smiled at me.

Then it dawned on me. That dumb blonde thing had been all an act.

I had to return her a wide smile, “Good! Girl…are you kidding me…you are such a good actress.”

“It’s rather tiring though…it’s not that easy to act dumb all the time,” she sighed, chewing on the tip of her pen.