Mismatched Compatibility (1)

Setting: Summer of 2015*

THURSDAY

Ethan:

I didn’t usually dislike a girl. But when I did, it was no doubt the girl’s fault.

The only girl I’ve disliked this much was Dakota Evans, and I’ve managed to put up with her for the last eight years. I couldn’t exactly help it if she was best friends with a close buddy of mine. And then, she turned into his girlfriend. And now they were engaged to be married.

I shuddered at the thought.

Aaron had lost it. Who in their right mind would want to get married at this age? We were only twenty-two years old, for Christ’s sake.

But Aaron and Dakota were getting married this summer. It wasn’t like I wanted stop them or anything. They picked the right timing, too. Everyone was fresh out of college and was all on our way to New Jersey (our hometown) from the different universities we went to across the country.

So anyhow, I had no idea that I’d meet another girl who’d piss me off as much as Dakota’s guts did.

Man, was I shit wrong.

“Stay away from me,” the girl hissed, some of her long curly blonde hair fell over her undeniably pretty face. She blew them away as she glared her oceanic green eyes at me from her seat, which was next to me.

“Believe me, babe,” I said with a low voice, leaning closer to her, “I would love to. But with the worst of luck, I’m stuck with a seat next to you as there is no more vacancy in the first class or the business class.”

“Switch with somebody else, then,” she demanded.

“Hell I would,” I told her incredulously. “Why don’t you switch with someone?”

Seriously, who did this girl think she was? What, my mother?

“Don’t tell me what to do,” she warned. “You have no idea who I am.”

Right, like I was going to be scared of her.

“Enlighten me, please,” I sneered.

“I’m a Howard.”

I gasped mockingly. “You’re a dude? Shit, good thing you told me sooner before I tried anything on you.”

“As if your moves will work on me,” she snorted.

“Yeah, you’re right,” I nodded. “I don’t go for the transgender.”

She let out an exasperated grunt.

“I’m a girl, you idiot.”

“You know, that’s not a very nice thing to call someone,” I said a-matter-of-factly, trying to keep a straight face. Deep inside, I was enjoying this. “So who’s Howard?” I asked innocently.

“I don’t usually boast about it. But under the circumstances . . .” she trailed off, and rolled her eyes. “I’m Daniella Marie Howard, practically royalty in Uptown Manhattan. Honestly, haven’t you read the New York Post?”

“No.”

She closed her eyes and leaned on the head rest. I saw her jaw clench, obviously gritting her teeth.

“I should have agreed to take the Jet,” she whispered, mostly to herself.

“Look, I don’t care who you are in the city,” I sighed. “If you haven’t noticed, you’re in the economy class. So before I get truly pissed, please do me a favor and close your mouth before I make you.”

She raised an eyebrow, studying me. She was probably weighing her options and trying to see if I was bluffing.

I smirked. On second thought, I’d like to make her shut up. I wanted to see what she would do then. But she didn’t say another word. She faced her front and pretended we didn’t just have a heated conversation.

In all honesty, she was the one who started all of this. It wasn’t my fault that she was smoking hot. It definitely wasn’t my fault that it was in my genes to hit on her.

It was about two hours ago in the National Airport in Washington DC.

I was casually passing by the magazine store when I spotted her. She looked so hot that I immediately got a hard on by just staring at her. Her jeans and expensive-looking dark blue top fitted her on all the right places.

So what did I do? Of course, I did what guy in their right mind would do.

I walked up to her, complimented her gorgeous body, and turned on my charm. Okay, so maybe I draped my arm over her shoulders even after she blew me off. But I just couldn’t give up like that. And all right, perhaps she did warn me not to touch her but I didn’t listen. Still . . . she shouldn’t have kneed me in the balls. It fcking hurt!

And just when I thought I was free from her steel-hard knees, I find out that I was sitting next to her for the entire flight. Really not an appealing thought, especially when she harmed the most precious part of my ripped body.

It was because of her that I regretted having a quickie with one of the girls from the Sorority house across the street from our Frat house. I had no choice but to take a later flight and be in the economy class, since there weren’t any available seats where I preferred.

Mind you, never in my whole life have I ever regretted sex.

Until now.

_________________

So how is the mind of Ethan Tyler, folks? :) Just a warning, there'll be a lot of swear words in his mind. I can't just edit it out because it's part of Ethan's character, but I'll just commit spelling mistakes when it comes to those words so it'll be bearable. :)
Btw, this story is a little more mature than what I usually write. There'll be no graphic you know scenes, of course. Hahaha! But there'll be... Oh, I'll explain when we reach that part in the coming chapters. ;) Anyhow, I hoped you enjoyed Ethan's mind. More to come in the coming days. :D

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, DUDES!!! :D

Upload: Tommo Louis Tomorrow~ (Or tonight, depending on your response)

Please Comment and Vote -- if you like!! ^_^