Epilogue

(Twenty Years Later)

Lodareth Devereux bent to lay the wreath upon his father's grave. Theophilus Devereux had recently been buried beside his long-dead wife. Lodareth stepped back from the graveside and looked down for a moment, buried memories returning vividly for a moment, before he pushed them away.

The past didn't matter. All that mattered was here and now. Lodareth looked over at his lover, who smiled his dazzling smile.

"I told you we'd come back, some day." Coda smiled again.

Lodareth felt the familiar effect of the smile; his heart began to race and a smile crept over his own face. "You're usually right, anyway."

"I know... It's nice to hear you say it though. It's only taken you twenty years." Coda's fingers wrapped around Lodareth's and squeezed gently. "Come on. Isolde said she'd have a grand supper prepared for us when we got back."

Lodareth smiled. "I think Father made the right choice, naming her as his heir. She would have been anyway, I suppose, had I married her. The servants say they all like her."

Coda smiled at him. "Still cultivating personal relationships with the servants?" He grinned.

Lodareth nodded seriously. "I find it always helps smooth the running of a home, if one is at peace with one's servants."

Coda laughed. "I've not heard you sound that pompous for years." He smiled again. "Come on. I'm getting hungry."

Lodareth draped his arm around Coda's shoulders. Together, they set off back to Moonmount Castle.

"I'm still cultivating a very important relationship with a servant," said Lodareth suddenly. "And I will be for a long time."

Coda looked up at Lodareth, and smiled his beautiful smile.

---The End---