Chapter 1: Memories

• Dedicated to Everyone who is reading this story :)

♡ Macy Morgan ♡

     An ear piercing scream vibrated through my house, and most likely shook my neighbor's houses as well.

     “You spilled hot pink polish on my floor!” I shrieked as I jumped up from where I was sitting, my bedroom floor.

     “Sorry!” Meagan Gardena, my best friend said apologetically - all the while laughing.

     “Do you know how hard it is to get nail polish out of carpet?” I let out a sigh of exasperation.

     “Well, on the bright side-”

     “On the bright side what?”

     “Eh, I got nothing” Meagan giggled and then quickly added, “Come on, Macy, at least my manicure didn’t get ruined!”

     Oh yeah, the manicure that I gave you.

     “Yeah, but mine did..” I looked down at my used-to-be perfect hot pink leopard nails and the ruined state that they were in now.

     Meagan lead me to my nail polish collection, “Hey, I can help you fix that!” Meagan said with a certain twinkle in her eyes that I’ve learnt to fear after many years of our friendship.

     I raised my eyebrow at her and assumed a hands on hips pose.

     “Fine, gosh. A little blunt don't cha' think?”

     I rolled my eyes and walked back to the nail polish hazard on my floor. I vigorously rubbed the varnish stained patch, hoping that it would come out. "I'm bored,” Meagan said behind me, then let out an unexpected squeal. "Do you wanna play Truth or Dare??

     My brows furrowed. The truth or dare card. She only uses that when she thinks I'm hiding something.

     We both sat crossed legged on my pink floral scented bed and I reached over and grabbed my favorite pink fluffy pillow. The same pillow that had soaked up all my tears and helped suppress my laughter for all these years. I quickly went over in my head all the things I might’ve lied to her about. Nothing. Nada. She’s my best friend, I tell her everything. So I calmly turned towards her, preparing myself for what she’s about to lay on me.

     “Okay, so I’ll ask you first. Truth or dare?” Meagan asked me, bouncing up and down from her excitement.

     This should be interesting...

     “Truth.”

     “Alright.” She eyed me for a second and took a theatrical pause before spitting it all out, “Is there a boy on your mind?”

     Before I could answer, Meagan started suggesting names,

     “Is it Taylor? Ben? Alex? John? Derek? Vincent? Ralph? Jack? That cute guy in the higher grade? Oh, you naughty girl! Going for someone older than you!”

     “Meg-”

     Meagan gasped dramatically and put her hands over her mouth, “I know who it is.”

     Huh, I’d like to know myself.

     “It's Riley isn't it? Riley Hyland! That’s It! The really hot guy with dirty blonde hair and dreamy blue eyes...” Meagan sighed dreamily and fanned herself.

     Oh let’s see, the rambling of the boy’s characteristics, check. The dreamy sigh, check. The hand fanning motion, check. And yet you’re the one asking me if I have a crush.