(8) Arrested? Like I Care.

Chapter Eight... Arrested? Like I Care.

"Kaitlin Green. And what brings you to our precinct in handcuffs this time?"

It's a pretty appalling thing when the police officer can remember my name. And it was only my second visit... in two days.

"I punched a cheerleader in the face and kicked her in the stomach," I said simply before being led to a cell. I was becoming a troublemaker... some annoying kid you watched in a movie that always did the wrong things to catch the attention of... anyone!

"Oh," the police officer sighed. "Well, it's better than taking a baseball bat to a man's head."

"That prick deserved it," I spat.

"Violence isn't the answer," he said slyly, and I slumped down on the seat as they took the uncomfortable handcuffs off of me.

It was about an hour before my parents arrived to pick me up. Mia pressed charges, and my criminal record was starting to get colourful. My mom looked furious and embarrassed as they took me from the police station.

"You just couldn't stay at home and keep away from that girl, could you?" mom said angrily. "No! You had to go and punch her in the face!"

"The bitch deserved it," I said simply.

"Nobody ever deserves it," mom groaned.

"Mom! He cheated on me! With her! And she knew he had a girlfriend!" I yelled. "I'll hit the mole if she's somewhere in my goddamn way!"

"Don't take your anger out on her, Kaitlin!" mom growled. "You're supposed to be a mature eighteen year old! Not a rebellious teenager who has decided to peak at her immaturity and become violent at the age of eighteen!"

"I'll do what I want," I hissed. "I don't care anymore."

"You will when you get shunned and aren't accepted into college," mom said simply.

She had a point. But I was just so angry! And that bitch had ratted me out to the cops! I wanted revenge, even if I screwed up my own life doing it.

>>>>

I had been under the annoyingly watchful eye of my parents until monday morning, when I had to return to school. My parents came with me, and I was allowed off on my own to attend my classes, but was told no more violence. I walked around the school, catching the eye of everyone. I learnt from a few people that I was the most talked about person in school.

"I still can't believe you hit him with a baseball bat!" Ally laughed hysterically. "He totally deserved it, though. Teach him for cheating on one of my best friends!"

"And then you hit the skank he did the dirty with?!" Vicki giggled. "You're a bad ass!"

"I could have done more than that, if a whole army of Swordfish cheerleaders didn't come down on me after the kick to the stomach I gave her," I sighed.

"Well, what if he gets her pregnant?" Vicki said suddenly. "Or worse... if he got you pregnant."

"I'm not pregnant though," I replied, frowning. "And even if I was, I'd get an abortion. I'd never bring a child into this... mess. And he's an asshole as a boyfriend, so I can't imagine him making a good father."

"You can't know that," Ally said simply. "And if he knocks her up, you can stand back and laugh at him. And her. Best way to ruin a cheerleader's reputation."

"Oh, I wouldn't wish that upon her..." I laughed sarcastically. "I'd wish the plague onto her... and him."

"Or crabs," Ally laughed darkly. "My cousin has them. She's a whore. She'd totally sleep with him!"

"Eww!" Vicki squealed. "Why do you know your cousin has crabs?! And do you think he'd totally screw your cousin?"

"No!" I groaned. "That's wrong on so many levels..."

"You're wishing a pregnancy upon them," Vicki said skeptically. "Why can't we give them a healthy dose of crabs?"

"Because," I said with a sigh. "We can do better than that."

"Like what?" Ally asked.

"Let me think..." I said, shushing her.

"Okay," she whispered, rolling her eyes.

I sat there, with my friends, thinking of some nasty way to get back at my cheating ex. But suddenly he stood at the table in front of us, looking guilty. I got to my feet defensively... angrily...

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I snapped at him.

"We need to talk..." he said quietly.

"I don't wanna talk to you, asshole!" I spat, turning away. He grabbed my arm.

"I need to tell you something," he whispered. "It's important."

"Oh, are you gonna tell me that you cheated on me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, wait! You already did that!"

"No, Katie..." he sighed, rolling his eyes. "I need to tell you... something..."

"Just stay away from me!" I spat.

"I have... something..." he confessed. "That you might have, too."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I asked angrily.

"I... Mia... she had... syphillis..." he began. "And when I... When I went to the doctors' over the weekend, they told me... I had it, too... and..."

"Oh, you don't..." I began in disbelief.

"I'm so sorry Katie," he sighed. "I am so so sorry..."

"If I have syphillis, I'm gonna hit you somewhere with something harder than a baseball bat!" I shouted.

"I didn't know..." he tried to explain.

"James, you're an ass!" I spat. "You slept with a slutty cheerleader, she gave you syphillis... then you slept with me! And you might have given her dirty disease to me, given that I trusted you enough to have sex with you without protection?!"

"I am sorry, Kaitlin!" he shouted.

"Too late!" I yelled, storming off.

I walked right out of the school... Out to my car... If he'd given that to me, I would literally make an attempt to sterilize him...

My life had literally hit a brick wall, and more things kept going wrong.