why me?

Chapter 29

Kasper's POV

He knew. All this time my brother knew and he didn't clear his name. I got straight to the point.

"If you knew why didn't you clear your name?" I asked curiously.

He looked at me as if I were stupid. He got up and brushed off his robes and looked down at us as if he were the master of the universe.

"Because I want to pay them back for the banishment. For the beatings. For killing my family! The oracle and the rest of the vampire kingdom will pay whether they welcome me back or not," he said his voice full of vengeance.  He turned around and started to walk away but I stopped him by getting up and grabbing his arm.

"Kante you do not have to punish Katie for this. Let her go and kill me. The rest of my family is gone. Katie is all I have," I said looking at him with pleading eyes.

His face softened and then hardened. He grabbed his arm back and stared at me with hard,cold eye. They were not the eyes I once knew as a child.

"Your precious Katie will die along with the oracle,"he said and then stalked out.

Katie's POV

They were talking so low I could barely hear them. Then suddenly Kante walked out and Kasper turned around to face me. At seeing my face he ran to me and  picked me up. Then he held me close to him and whispered into my hair ,"I will not lose you Katie. I swear on my life that I will not let them hurt you."

I pulled back and asked ,"How will you do that? I'm just a puny human. To break out of here you'd have to change me into a vampire," I paused and looked into his eyes.

He looked back his face overcome with panic. "Katie please. We'll figure it out. Don't make me change you."

I run my hands through his hair and kiss him. When I pull away he stares at me pleadingly begging me to not say what I'm about to say. I had to say it. It was the only way to get us out of here.

"Kasper you have to," I whisper in his ear.

He sighs and kisses me passionately once more.

Then he says ,"I'm sorry." And bends my neck over. Lowering his face to it he kisses it softly and then bites gently. A wave of excruciating pain washes over me and then he pulls away.  I fall into his arms and relax.

Then I black out.