Chapter 9: Childhood Bodyguard Friend

“Is that you, Harris?” My eyes widened.

He smiled, “It’s me alright. How have you been, Rosanna?” He glanced down at my dress, “Are you feeling okay after I left?”

Dean interrupted, “You know him?” He asked, remembering that my name was Taylor not Rosanna.

I smiled, “Yeah,” I paused, “He’s my bubby in Black Arrow Academy.” I glanced down at Dean, “Could you please put me down?”

He shook his head, “No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t want you to walk over to some stranger in front of me.”

I glared down at Dean, “His not a stranger,” I glanced at Harris, “he’s my best friend!”

“Fine.” He replied, finally letting me down.

I walked over to Harris, “You’re so tall now,” I glanced up at him, “You ate really well when you came back with your parents right?”

“Yeah,” He said, scratching his head, “I guess you could say that. Why are you wearing a dress?” He glanced down at me, “You’ve changed a lot.”

I weakly smiled, “This is so annoying!” I glanced down at the dress, “He made me wear it.” I pointed back at Dean, “but don’t worry,” I whispered to Harris, “his going to pay for it.”

Harries chuckled, “So you didn’t change after all.” He smiled at me, “I like to see you wearing a dress at some point.”

I glared at him back, “You want me to break a leg of yours or something.”

He smiled, “Sure!”

Dean’s eyes widened, “You’re joking right?!”

Harris smiled at Dean, “We always get into fights once a while,” He glanced at me, “it’s fun, isn’t it?”

I smiled, “Sure is.” I lowered my eyes, “Why did you come back?”

Harries glanced at me, “Just wanted to see you.” He smiled, “It’s been three years, now.”

Dean just stood there watching us and by the seems of it, he looked like his annoyed. “Let’s go, home.” He said, walking over to me.

“Wait.” I told him, “How are you going to get back?”

Harris smiled, “Aren’t you’re lucky you have me here?” He pointed at his motorbike and a rusty metal bike by the yard.

“Awesome!” I exclaimed over the shinny dark rich blue motorbike, “You have the colour that I like too.” I smiled back at him, “This is so cool!”

Harris smiled, “Glad you liked it.”

Dean walked over, “How am I going to get home then?” He looked at me.

Harris and I exchanged glances, “The bike over there, of course.” We said it at the same time. I looked over to Harris and laughed, “Hi-5!”

He slapped me five, “I can’t believe that we still do that after these years without seeing each other.”

I laughed, “We sure do.”

Dean looked at the rusty old bike, “What?”

“C’mon,” I said, “it stills works and all.” I pointed at the metal bike, “It’s just a bit old.”

“Fine!” He said, climbing over the bike and rung the small bell, “Let’s go home, before they come out.” He glanced back at the car yard.

Harris and I nodded, “I’ll drive.” We both said at the same time again. He and I paused and laughed again.