Giving up. [Louis Tomlinson one shot]

(A/N) This is my first story so bare with me ok. I might continue you this but idk

-

You slip on your converse and head to the car where louis is waiting for you. You slip on your seat belt and he starts the car. The ride is comfortably silent but the air still feels a little tense. The car comes to halt and you both slide out.

You're having your second date; a nice, romantic dinner. He comes over to you and kisses you on the cheek. You're wearing a chic black dress and a white sweater made casual with black converse. He always loved that about you.

The two of you head into the restaurant. "Table for two, please" he asks and the waitress escorts you to your table. You think to yourself, Louis' acting a bit weird... You skim over your menu and keep a close eye on your boyfriend of 2 months. His hands are shaking... He finally opens his mouth to speak.

"(Y/N), I'm so sorry.." Your head shoots up. A few silent moments pass, louis with his head hung low.

"For what?" You whisper, preparing yourself for heartache.

"..I ..I" he cuts himself of. "I can't say it" a tear runs down his cheek "you would hate me"

A million thoughts are running through your head. You think of every possible thing he could say.

"Just say it" you blurt out sounding confident, while fear is shuddering inside of you.

"I cheated on you" he whispers, barely audible.

You cradle your head in your hands feeling angry and defeated. "I'm so sor-" you stand up from the table and walk out of the restaurant, running home. The restaurant was 5 blocks from your house. You arrive at your door step, legs aching but you just ignore it. Tears stream down your face and you don't even know what to think.

You go into your room, ignoring your mothers concerned calls. Angrily, you tear up everything he's given to you, not wanting to be reminded of him. You trusted him, you really thought he was the one.

He calls your cell phone but you ignore it. You turn off your phone, not wanting anything to do with him.

This happened in every relationship. You let yourself get too close too fast. These thoughts fill up your mind.

"Am I that bad? Am I not good enough?" You say to yourself, looking in the mirror. You feel so much pain. You think about all of your past relationships. You lay back on your bed and cry into your pillow.

"Why am I not good enough?" You walk to your bathroom and wash your face. You notice something shining out of the corner of your eye, a razor. You pull up your sleeve and think for a moment.

You give up and slide it across your wrist. The pain felt good. You slide it across, deeper this time. You hear voices near your bedroom door and quickly pull you sleeve down and hide the razor.

Your mother knocks at your door, "please open the door, (Y/N)" you open it and put your arm behind your back. Anger flows through you as you see louis standing next to her. You turn around and sit on your bed, back turned to him.

He enters your room and closes the door behind him, your mother walking off. He puts his arms around you but you coldly push him away.

"(Y/N) let me explain" he says, concern in his eyes.

"NO. Why should I?!? This always happens, I shouldn't have expected any different from you!" You yell, standing up from the bed.

His eyes focus on your wrist. He walks up to you and pulls up your sleeve. You try to pull away but his grip is too tight. He pulls you tight to his chest.

"Oh my god.." He whispers, shakily. You break and start sobbing into his chest.

"Never do this again." He pulls your head up to look into his eyes. "And I mean never" he says sternly. With fear, concern, and anger in his voice.

You don't say anything and just focus on his eyes.

He truly cares about you