Door 1 - Clear

“Whatever, I’ll try this one.” You padded across the corridor in confidence, pushing open the door without hesitation. You paused in mild shock, awe overcoming you and paralysing you in your tracks. The walls were painted a deep blue, with striking jellyfish painted on them in hordes of silver. Other than the fanciful art, the walls adorned no other decoration; though if it did, it would surely have been overbearing alongside the beautiful paintings. There was a large futon in the centre of the room, a small wardrobe and pair of drawers and; unusually enough, a coat hanger with a transparent umbrella, and two masks. One was a traditional Japanese woman’s mask and the other a dark leaden gas mask, which meant...

“Clear’s room?” You questioned out loud. You took a few steps further in, flicking on the light switch with an impatient flourish. When you progressed further, you saw that the desk was littered with sketches of roaming skies, blue and overflowing with clouds. Upon closer inspection you saw that one was pinned to the wall, a watercolour painting of endless blue sky with watery clouds drifting across it in clumps of purest white; but the slightly disturbing thing was the metal heart that was centred in the art piece. It undoubtedly resembled a humans heart, but was created from plates of gleaming metal bolted together to create a strange illusion. You gasped when you saw a tiny figure of a man in a white coat and gas mask by the base of the metal heart, one hand pressed against it in a mournful way.

“Clear...?” You whispered to yourself, pondering what drove the strange jellyfish-crazy boy into drawing such a strange picture.

“(name)-san?” You spun around and saw the very albino stood in the doorway, a confused expression evident on his face. Upon taking in your outfit, he blushed profusely and looked away. “I-I’m sorry for intruding! Please f- forgive me!”

“Clear? But I think I’m the one who’s intruding, this is your room, right?” You said, laughing a little at his outburst.

“Y-yes (name)-san.”

“Then I’m the intruder, not you. Calm down Clear, I was only looking for something to drink.”

“Ahah- I see. Umm...” He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head in a quirky manner. You noticed he refused to look at you directly, like he had done earlier when you emerged from behind the velvet curtain; dressed in this... rather revealing costume.

“Clear.” He looked at you in confusion, but blushed even harder and cast his gaze to the floor. “Why are you so embarrassed?”

“Ah- I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable! I just- it’s not you, it’s just... what you’re wearing (name)-san.”

“Oh, I see. You don’t need to be embarrassed; you’re not exactly fully-clothed, are you?” It was true. He wore only his neon scarf and boxers, of which were a light purple. His expression turned to that of being distraught, and he glanced at you apologetically.

“I’m so sorry! I shouldn’t let you see me like this! This is so embarrassing...” He turned around and began to head out of the door, muttering under his breath.

“Clear! Come back! I don’t mind, honest! I mean...” His head popped back around the door frame, his handsome violet eyes shining.

“Really? Umm, okay.” He tiptoed back into the room, finally looking at you for longer than a few awkward seconds. He sat himself down at the desk, while you leant back against the wall with a contented sigh. You thought you heard Clear trying to say something, but when you looked at him he didn’t seem to have spoken.

“Do you want to say something?” You asked, trying to prompt the incredibly shy boy into saying something.

“Ah- I uh, y-no. Not really.” He met your gaze for a few seconds, and you saw regret swirling in his sparkling orbs.