Chapter Sixteen

Roxy's Chapter:

After dropping Noah and Connor off at their houses, Ross and I drove out to the sea shore. Our favorite music came pouring from the speakers, laughter from our voices.

When we got to the beach, Ross pulled the car into the empty parking lot. Together we walked hand in hand down to the water. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him, I pressed my lips to his check.

“How'd it go at lunch?” I asked him as we finally sat down next to the water.

“Amazing,” Ross gushed. “We talked things through, and it just feels amazing to have one of my best friends back.” I cuddled against his chest, playing with his hands, my thoughts wondering back to Pierce. Ross looked down to me. “Has he tried to talk to you at all?”

I looked down and shook my head. “No.” His arms around me squeezed. “I miss it, you know?” I said out loud, but really to myself.

Ross rested his head on my shoulder. “Miss what?”

“The band.” I let out a deep sigh. I thought back to all the times I held my guitar in my hands, the microphone at my lips.

I could feel Ross smiling at something, but I really couldn't tell what. I looked up to him. “What?”

“Why don't you start a new band?” A new band? I looked at my boyfriend like he was crazy.

“Ross, it's not that easy.” I exclaimed. “It's not like I can just say Hey, I need band members.” He smirked like he was forming a plan.

“Two words: Band auditions.”

~~~

The next Saturday morning, Rocky, and I were in my garage, clipboards in hand, getting ready to audition people for the band. This is not going to end well...

“You ready?” Rocky asked.

I nodded my head. “Thanks for doing this Rock, means a lot to me.” I gave him a fast hug.

“No problem Rox.” He smiled back at me.

Ross came walking in with some guy I've never seen before. “Michael T on the drums.” My boyfriend announced before walking over to his brother and me. Together we all sat behind a table, waiting for this Michael character to show us what he's got.

“Start when you're ready.” I told him. He nodded his head and walked to the drum set we borrowed from Ratliff.

My eyes widened in horror when this guy started to play. He was completely on key and off beat from the song. I took a quick glance over to the other judges and they looked equally horrified.

“Okay, thank you!” Ross called over the noise. Michael got up from the seat and started to walk out. “We'll call you.”

I waited until Michael was out of the room before crossing his name off the audition sheet. “That's a definite no.”

“Next!” Rocky called out. A tall girl came in holding her guitar. “Name?”

“Sarah.” She replied. We all nodded our heads and waited for her to start playing. When she started to strum her guitar it was amazing! I mean this girl had real talent! She finished the song and looked at us expectantly.

“Wow, you're great.” Ross exclaimed with a giant smile on his face. “We will definitely consider you.” The girl looked like she was going to faint. She thanked us and quickly walked out of the room.

I turned to the boys, giddy. “She was good.” I marked her as a call back on my list. “Next!”

I was looking at my list to figure out who was going to be next, I guess that's why I didn't see who walked in. “Name please?” I questioned still looking down.

“I'm Connor and that's Noah.” I heard a smirking voice. I looked up to see my best friends standing there with a guitar and drum sticks.

I jumped up from the table and ran over to them. “What are you guys doing here?!” They squished me into a sandwich hug.

“What does it look like? Connor asked sarcastically as he dropped the hug. “We're auditioning for the band!”

“Even though we were the ones who came up with the band.” Noah muttered under his breath sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

“Hey, Roxy, can you come here?” Ross asked. I walked over to my boyfriend. “Babe, I know how much you care about these guys, so if you want, they don't even need to audition.”

I thought for a second, then nodded my head. “I'll go tell them.” I smiled and walked back to my friends. “I got some goot news for you guys.”

“What?” Connor asked skeptically.

“You don't need to audition! You're in!”

“Rox, why didn't you just ask us in the first place to be part of the band?” Noah asked, looking kind of hurt.

I shrugged. “I thought that you guys wouldn't want to do it since Pierce, you know, left.” I looked down shamefully.

My boys wrapped their arms around me softly. “We would never leave you babes, you're our best friend.” I nodded my head, a small smile on my face.

“So, what, we need to find a bass player now?” Rocky asked from his place behind the table, trying to clarify what's going on. I nodded my head.

Ross' older brother stood up and walked over to the place where the people who were going to audition waited. I didn't see him, but I defiantly heard him. “The positions for drummer and guitarist have been filled, but we still do need a bass player. If you are still interested in auditioning, play stay. To the others, thank you for your time.”

He walked back in, a guy falling at his heels. “And this is the last person to audition.” He introduced a tall muscular guy holding a bass guitar. “This is Danny.”

While Ross and Rocky sat down behind the table, Connor, Noah and I walked to the instruments with Danny. I turned to him with a smile. “Do you know All Time Low's Time Bomb?” He nodded his head.

“Yeah, it's one of the first songs I learned how to play.” Connor counted us off.

Not gonna lie, we sounded great! Danny was an awesome bass player! Through out the song, I glanced over to my boyfriend and his brother, they both looked amazed.

When the song ended, I glanced at the guitarist and the drummer. Both of them gave me a small nod. I smiled.

“Danny, do you go to our high school?” Noah asked, running his fingers through his hair.

Danny nodded his head. “Actually we're in the same homeroom.” That's where I've seen him! Gosh, I feel horrible, I should have known that.

I walked over to Danny with a smile on my face. “Welcome to the Old School Photo family.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, this chapter's more of a filler. But i hope you guys liked it :D

Hopping for comments/ votes/ fans.

Lots of love - Raz