Chapter 6 (Final)

"Your bags are packed, the divorce papers are signed, and you're so ready to leave me like it's the easiest thing to do." Theo crossed his arms in front of his heaving chest and sniffled. Only Serena Wilder made him weak and invincible at once. "If you wanted to leave that bad, you could have been gone before I left."

Serena gripped the bags in each of her hands tighter and stepped around him, but his hand shot out to pull her back. "Please don't hurt me."

He immediately let her hand go as every feature softened in guilt. "I would never hurt you, Rena."

"I know," she whispered, taking a full step back.

"Go unpack your things because you aren't leaving."

"I am, Theo. I've already signed-"

"I don't give a fuck what you signed," he said harsher than he intended to. He dragged a hand through his hair and took a deep breath to calm himself down. "Babe, I just quit my job."

The bags Serena held on to fell to the floor as she wrapped her arms around Theo in an embrace. "You are such an idiot. Why would you do that?"

"Because I love you," he whispered against her ear. He threaded a hand through her hair and lifted her head to meet her gaze. "Tristan and Isaac are pissed at me right now, but I don't give a fuck about the company. If keeping my job means losing you then it's not a job worth keeping."

"God, Theo, why did you have to be so good to me?" She whimpered when his lips pressed to her forehead and quickly wiped the tears on her cheeks. "I never wanted you to leave something you love."

"I love you more," he said, his lips moving against her skin. "I'll always love you and our babies. We can't seperate, especially when they're so young. Not ever."

"You're mine forever," she said rather possessively, but her tone only earned a grin from her husband. "And you're going back to the office to tell Tristan and Isaac you're not quitting."

"My job was the cause of this, Rena."

"Work out a deal," she suggested. "Tell them to cut your hours if it means doing what you love."

"I already do what I love," he said, jerking his head in the direction of the staircase. "I'm aiming to do it every night in the bedroom."

She rolled her eyes and smiled, despite his comment. "You'll work my same hours as we discussed."

"Yes, boss."

"It's partner to you."

"Baby doll, actually."

Serena pressed her lips to his and giggled into his mouth before pulling away. "I'm going to trust you not to break my heart again, Theodore."

"Trust me with your life that I won't break it." He kissed her again and then again until he had Serena against the wall. "Marry me again."

"What?"

"Let's have a real wedding with guests and cake and music."

"Okay," she slowly said, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "We can do that."

"With new vows."

"With new vows," she repeated.

"And a ring that has baby doll engraved in it."

Serena laughed at that and placed both hands on Theo's shoulders as she pushed herself up on her toes to kiss him. "If it's what you really want."

He shrugged and pulled her body closer to his until there was no more space for their flesh to meet. "I just really want us."

"Okay, sweetheart," his wife whispered.

The grin that appeared on Theo's face could only reflect the happiness he felt in his life.