Chapter 9: Eternally Bound

|HOLLY|

I felt like a fairy tail princess. The one our mothers fed to us when we were kids; a white trail encircled me like a calm lake and diamonds sparkled in the bodice of my dress. Lace covered my arms and chest decorated lavishly of the diamonds that sparkled against the sunlight. Again, I felt like a fairy princess.

But even with the beautiful gown on me and a beautifully adorned crown of flowers resting on my head, it didn't feel like a marriage. It felt like a business deal waiting to happen and I wasn't proud of it one bit. I have cried all my tears last night so I woke up looking bad hours ago. My make up artists and hairdressers took pity on me, being humans and all, and tried to cheer me up in the special day. They made jokes and commented on everything which made me smile but didn't last long.

Soon, I am now standing in front of a full length mirror marveling at the woman staring before me. She was beautiful, I admit. Her beauty can be subjected in envy from outside, hell, even I'd be jealous and she's me! Her platinum blond hair is pulled on top of my head forming a beautiful bun with the braided hair encircling it. Under normal circumstances, I would have loved it; it was a dream for me to marry the man I love and I do still love Calvin, yes, I do. It's just...

I know he can never love me back. And I don't think I can't take it if he realizes that I'm not the woman for him. He deserves love just as anyone else.

I gripped the flowers tightly in my hand and stopped myself from crying. I can't cry. I'll ruin the make up and destroy everything the crew made for me. I smiled at everyone in the room and thanked them as the gushed how beautiful I am. Deep inside, I know who I am: plain Holly just wearing make up for the day. In the end of the wedding and the clock strikes twelve, I'd revert back.

Simple as that.

"Holly," Gustav's voice came from outside and it snapped me out of my reverie.

"Please come in."

Gustav pushed the oak doors aside and stepped inside. My friend was in a grey tux with a single red rose in his lapel. He looked nervous and hesitant as he approached me. He took my hand and gently tugged me down the small, circular stage the dress makers had prepared for me.

"Leo and I...we knew that lord Calvin forced you into this," he said and I nodded slowly. "If...if you were given a chance, would you like to run away?"

What? I stared at him and his eyes cued me in. Tears welled in my eyes as I sniffed and dabbed a sleeve of my dress under my eyes. "I couldn't...wish for better friends than you and Leo," I sniffed as I realized they are willing to help me run away even if it meant facing lord Calvin's wrath.

"I'm sorry...I can't..."

He frowned at my answer. "We'll be fine if you're thinking about--"

"No," I said firmly as I kept my chin high. "I can't. I can't do this to you two. He's got everyone stationed..."

Gustav looked devastated as his shoulders slumped forward. I reached up and tapped him on the cheek, offering him comfort. "It's going to be alright," I said smiling at him, forcing the tears back. "I'm...going to work it out with Calvin somehow."

"The vampire lord is a stubborn one, I don't think it's possible."

Pursing my lips, I replied ", it's possible. We just need to believe in it."

"And I'm...terribly sorry with Kevin," he hissed as he stared down the floor, maybe berating himself for his suggestion. "He was the closest one there and I...I didn't..."

"It's okay, Gustav," I said as I remembered the scheming alpha male. I have heard that Gustav had gone back to Kevin as soon as he recovered only to find him dead in the middle of the bar with his mate. I felt bad for Melissa, after all, she saved me but I couldn't do anything more but to pray for her soul. No one knew if it was Katarina who killed them.