Skyjacked: Chapter Six -Skyjacked

SKYJACKED

“Do you want me to take you home?”

Chen didn’t look at her as he spoke and Shanti couldn’t look in his eyes, so she shut hers. She couldn’t find her voice, so she nodded.

With her eyes still closed, she felt him reach out his arms to her. Without thinking Shanti went into them. He wrapped her up tight. She fit so perfectly into the mold of his body.

Shanti rested her head against his chest.

“Show me.” He said into her ear.

“Show you what?” she whispered. Her voice was so low that maybe it was just a thought.

“Show me your home and I will take you there.”

“How?”

“I told you, we are energy. From the short time that you’ve been with us, the water in your body has been transforming to pure energy. I can teleport you to your home if you show it to me.”

Shanti looked up at him. “Will it hurt?”

Chen looked into her eyes. He nodded his head. “Yes, it will hurt very much.”

Shanti knew he wasn’t speaking of the teleporting journey.

“See it clear in your mind,” he said.

Shanti closed her eyes and tried to picture her home. But her nose was surrounded by the smell of Chen. She breathed in and his scent went into her mouth. Thoughts of their first kiss, of her taking him into her mouth, of him entering her body, they all swelled in her mind.

“Focus on home, Shanti.”

Shanti tried to bring up her small house in her mind. She tried to see the brick, the lawn, her street. But it was all hazy in the cocoon of Chen’s strong arms.

“I see it,” he said.

Disappointment swelled in her heart. She felt the earth fall away from her feet. But no, that was Chen teleporting her. She opened her eyes, or she think she did. All around her she saw the same yellow mist of energy she’d seen inside the ship, in the energy mines. But the energy was so familiar to her. She knew it was Chen and herself. She watched as their essence mingled, unable to tell herself from him.

We are one. He’d said that to her, and it was true.

Shanti blinked. And when she opened her eyes once more, she saw her brick house, her lawn, her door, her car.

Her feet felt wobbly underneath her, but Chen held her strong.

He took a step away from her, but stopped. Shanti realized the reason he stopped was because her fingers dug into his robes. Her body and mind warred with what to do. Her mind dictated that she could not go with him. Her body insisted that she could not be without him.

She stared up into his eyes. His head was covered once more in a hood, but his large eyes were locked on her.

“Would you get out of the middle of the street! You’re blocking the road.”

Shanti looked over Chen’s shoulder to see one of her neighbors. His fishing gear poked out the back of his pick up. The engine revved in time with his heavy breathing.

“First she tries to block me going to work with her hair-brained fungus idea. Now she’s trying to block me getting home.”

Chen turned to the man. The fisherman’s eyes went wide at the sight of Chen. He put his foot on the pedal and swerved around, speeding down the street..