Chapter 17 "Birth-Day Surprise"

(Tsume's Reminiscence)

"I recall a birthday surprise that Trunks had for me. He took me to one of our favorite places and on to one of our favorite rides. I shall never forget that day, because it was the day we told one another our true feelings to each other."

(Now a days Trunks is busy fighting bad guys and hanging out with Goten, but he still finds some time to come and see me here at the lookout tower. When he comes I tell him of all the different kinds of stories that I've read and of the ones that I've been writing. He just smiles and asks me to read one of the books that I've written. I smile and read it with joy, but today Trunks wants to take me to a theme park for our 17th birthday. I still find it a bit funny that the two of us share the same birthdays, but he doesn't mind it at all)

(Trunks) Tsume, you ready to go, girl!?

(Speaking of Trunks, there he is. Best not keep him waiting)

(Tsume) Yes, I'm ready. Let's go!

(Tsume) Is that the theme park down there Trunks?

(Trunks) Yup! That's the one. Come on I'll take you on the roller coasters first.

(Tsume) Alright!! Now you're talking! (We flew down and got in line for the roller coaster of doom. I had heard it was the most frightening one on Earth, well now I was going to see for myself)

(Tsume) Do you really think it's that scary?

(Trunks) Nope. I've seen scary and this coaster isn't even in the scary department in my mind.

(Tsume) Well I just have to see for myself won't I?

(Trunks just smiled as he took his seat next to me in the coaster car. We were in the very first car and I just couldn't wait to see what was ahead of us)

(Tsume) That wasn't scary, but funny.

(Trunks) Told you it wasn't scary.

(Tsume) You were right. (Trunks nodded then said) So what you want to go on next? The bumper cars, the water slide, or the falling star? (I thought about what other rides there were and started looking around. Then I saw it. The Ferris Wheel. I think I'll save that one for last.)

(Tsume) Let's go on the bumper cars next. (Trunks led the way)

(We went from one ride to the next. By the time we had finished our last game and got some cotton candy it was almost time for the fireworks show then the park would close for the day)

(Trunks) So should we fly up and find a seat to watch the show? (I smiled at him)

(Tsume) I have a better idea for a place that we can watch the fireworks.

(Trunks) And where is this better place if I might ask? (I smiled, took Trunks's hand in mine and lead him to the Ferris Wheel, where we were the only two in line. I ask if the person who was controlling the ride if he could stop us at the top so we could watch the fireworks. He said yes and we climbed right on in)

(Once we were at the top the ride stopped and we sat there watching the fireworks as they went up into the sky)

(Trunks) You were right. ( I looked at him a little puzzled)

(Trunks) This is the greatest spot to watch the fireworks. (I smiled and he smiled back)

(Trunks put his arm around me. I looked at him. His eyes were glowing like the stars, just like that night when I first arrived on Earth. Trunks leaned in and kissed me. I was a bit surprised, but after a moment I kissed him back. The fireworks no longer interested us, what we were interested in now was one another and how close we could get to each other without being interrupted by anyone.)

(Trunks) That was the best night ever.

(Tsume) Yes. It was. The best birthday ever. (Trunks just nodded and we landed on the lookout tower. Where we said good night one last time)

(Trunks) Well I'll see you later, 'k?

(Tsume) 'K. (Trunks pulled me close to him and kissed me one last time. I melted in his arms and kissed him back in the same way. When we separated all we could do was smile and look into each others eyes. His eyes. The eyes of star light, that I just couldn't let go of for even a moment)

(Trunks) I don't want to let you go, but I have to. (I smiled)

(Tsume) I wish you won't ever let me go for any reason. (He smiled and kissed me on the forehead the he departed, promising to come see me again really soon. Sooner than when he had been seeing me. I just smiled and waved good-bye to him as he flew off in the direction of his house)

(Tsume) Oh, Trunks. All I want is to be with you and live here on Earth for the rest of my life. (I looked up and saw the wishing star shining brighter then ever. So I made my wish upon that star)

(Tsume) Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. Wish I may, wish I might have the wish I wish tonight. I wish that Trunks and I could live here on Earth 'till the end of time. (With my wish made I headed inside, grabbed a book, and went to my room. I read a little of my book and then set it aside and fell fast asleep for the night)

"With my wish made and my feelings reviled to the one I love, I settled down for a good night's sleep. And way for the next day's advinture to begin. After all, who know's what tomorrow holds in store for us."