A Weight Loss Retrospective

From Zero to Fifty: A Weight Loss Retrospective

SMASHWORDS EDITION

Copyright 2012 by N.T. Bergeron

Other books by N.T. Bergeron:

Conspiracy: Earth

Cathexis - Prophecy of The Amber Eye: Book One

*****

Thank you for downloading this free eBook.  You are welcome to share it with your friends.  This book may be reproduced, copied and distributed for non-commercial purposes, provided the book remains in its complete original form.

Disclaimer:

This book is a collection of personal observations made of my own experiences while trying to lose weight and is intended for informational purposes only.

Any diet and exercise changes should always be done under the direct supervision and care of a qualified physician.

Chapter 1-How Did I Get This Fat?

In the beginning, there was weight.

At five feet eleven inches tall and tipping the scales at two hundred and forty pounds, I knew I was overweight. Most overweight people do. I didn't need every BMI test I tried to point out that I was in the 'obese' class of humans, I knew. I knew because my clothes kept getting tighter and tighter, the size increasing in number every time I bought something new. 

I knew because I was embarrassed at how I looked when I took my shirt off anywhere but in the safe confines of my home. I also knew because any picture taken of me looked like someone had Photoshopped it to look like I was being inflated like a balloon. 

And I really wanted to do something about it. I was tired of being tired. I was tired of all the weight loss starts and stops with no results. But what? Where? And (always the deal breaker) for how much?

I wasn't always heavy. As a child I'm sure I could have played xylophone on my ribs. It wasn't until I got into my late teen years and early twenties that I started to pack on the pounds. I guess getting a job and car didn't help me stay thin. Neither did the fast food and beer but hey, that's in the past right. 

By the time I was in my mid-twenties I weighed about two hundred and twenty pounds, a mere forty or fifty pounds overweight depending on where you checked.

I also lost all that weight.

Yep, round one of me versus fat was fought and I had won. By the time I was thirty years old I weighed one hundred sixty five pounds and sported eight percent body fat. Not too shabby if I say so myself. I was probably a little too skinny then but I didn't care, I felt good.