Caught Chp. 9

CHAPTER EIGHT-JASON

I heard Reyna's scream echo into the thin air. I searched for her desperately, my eyes watering from the harsh winds. I finally saw her sprawled out in the sky. I willed the winds to take me to her. She tensed when I held her and then relaxed as she saw my face and realized we weren't falling anymore. "WTF!?" she shouted.

"Shh! Octavian could hear us! We have to go to Camp Half-Blood."

"No. If I know Octavian, that's his next destination. We should go to my house."

"Hmmm, you never told me you had a dad!" I exclaimed.

"Never came across my mind." she said while frowning. I smiled and she told me the coordinates, well address, and we shot across the sky.

Later...

"This is your home?" I asked as we came across a huge white-washed brick mansion. A wide, green lawn spread for an acre in front and back. Rose bushes flocked near the stone pathway to the double door enterance. "Yeah, my dad is a business owner. He attracted my mother because he imported stuff to Amazon, where my sister 'works'. He also was, and is, very rich." she explained. I simply nodded as I rang the door bell. Second later, a small woman with graying hair in a bun, a crisp white apron, and a little namecard that stated MARYANNE FERN- HOUSEKEEPER. "Reyna! We haven't been expecting you for weeks!" she exclaimed. "Come on in," she said. We walked into the foyer, where a chandlier dangled from the high ceiling. "Jason," Reyna whispered in my ear. It tickled. A little girl was waiting for me to take off my shoes. "Oh." I blushed and took them off. She swept them away. "They'll be polished and ready before you go, sir." she squeaked and scurried off.

"That's Lise." she said and a Hispanic woman in a suit came over. "Oh, Reyna!" she smiled warmly and kissed both of her cheeks. "We didn't know you were dropping by! And who is the handsome boy?" she grinned at her.

"Hi Aunt Garcia. This is Jason Grace, my friend and fellow praetor. Jason, this is my dad's sister, Aunt Garcia. She's more of a mother to me anyways." I was shocked she was just speaking openly about our camp in front of a mortal. I cleared my throat. "Hello ma'am." I greeted her respectfully.

"Nice manners! But I can see the worry in you eyes. No 'mist' can cover that up!" she motioned for us to follow her.

"She can see through the mist." Reyna explained as we walked into a large living room with a grande piano and fancy silk furniture.

"Well that won't be good for her soon!"