The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 3

The Silent Alpha

Chapter 3

© Copyright All Right Reserved

Niklaus POV

She was the most beautiful girl I've seen. No, that isn't enough. It wouldn't match her in any way; it would be as if I was disrespecting her by saying she was beautiful. No, no, she was magnificent. Enchanting. Mesmerizing. She was and always will be the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen. That's saying a lot considering my ripe old age of 85 years old. It sounds worse than it is, but my power as pack leader and long-lineage of Alpha genetics has blessed me to be among the wolves with the rare abilities of reduced aging. I age one year physically for every four human years, making me the picture definition of a 21 to a 22-year-old man. In health, stamina, and appearance, but the realities of the world have made me, mentally, my actual age.

But my thoughts continued to circle back to my dark-haired beauty. The way her beautiful dark fell her back in a curly mess. Her lightly bronzed skin glowed in the light. She had clear skin. I would assume her skincare routine was one to be concerned about yet admirable. But I couldn't get over her eyes; she had big brown eyes surrounded by a thick bed of lashes. Her eyes twinkled as though holding countless stars and her body. Oh, please don't get me started. She was truly perfect in every way for me.

So is this what this was? Is this experience of intoxication of this woman mean I finally found my mate? The missing piece of my spirit and my pack? This was terrific news! Not only am I experiencing something I've never felt with any other woman, but I feel like I've finally found the one. The one to help me take my pack and our purpose to the next level!

I turned to Steven with a smile on my face. "You have a gorgeous daughter, Steven." I shared, almost amazed that they have spent so many years in this community, yet I've never truly noticed his daughter. Though it's usually due to the female's age, typically 17 or 18 years old is the range that mateship can occur.

I held my grin, not caring that he couldn't see it; I took a moment to remember how I hated this man so much as a kid. He was my first trainer when my Father was Alpha, and after years of brutal training, I vowed that I would find a way to torture his future children. Who would have thought I would have one of them as my soulmate?

"Thank you, Klaus." He responded; he added a smile as well, seeming to agree.

"Steven, I think that your daughter is my mate." The room fell silent; things became so quiet that even the appliances stopped humming, and the clock stopped ticking.

"You think my daughter is your what?" Steven asked huskily. The old drill sergeant I dealt with was beginning to appear in defense of his daughter. This is something that I understand, and if I had a daughter and a wolf came by claiming her to be his mate, I'd be shocked, angry, and possibly open to murder.

But the only thing that mattered was that I'd take her away. I had to; our pack needed a faithful Luna by my side. I closed my eyes briefly and dreamed of the heights our pack would go to with a woman like that beside me. That was all from seeing her, and I can only imagine how spectacular and confirming my foresight of her is once we speak.

I couldn't go a day without her after this moment. Not with the thought of another wolf feeling the same way for her, I opened my eyes and visibly saw a more sharpened and golden tint to the room. My eyes were in my wolf's state; I closed my eyes. Calm down, Klaus. I inhaled and released my breath. Reopening my eyes to see two concerned faces and one blank one. It was already becoming difficult for me to accept the possibilities that another wolf would want to take what's mine. She was mine, and I wouldn't rest another day until she accepted me as hers.