Chapter 16

Pazu (papa/pop) up there

I raised an eyebrow as I examined the picnic behind the overly dramatic teen.

"What's this?" I asked as I motioned at the gazebo.

"Oh that?" Tamaki asked as he looked at it. "Just a friendly lunch."

"And why?" I continued.

"To get to know you." Tamaki answered.

I continued to look at him with confusion, waiting for him to continue. After a while, I decided to ask.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, I need to know more about you if you're going to be a host." Tamaki explained.

"So let me get this straight," I started. "you dragged me out of my house, away from my ice cream and anime, just for a picnic. Just to get to know me?"

Tamaki nodded. "Exactly."

I sighed loudly. "I thought I was supposed to help you get the club ready for Monday."

Tamaki smiled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"That was...a lie." He explained to me.

"Wha-" I groaned. "Alright, since I'm already here, how about he get this lame picnic over with?"

Tamaki smiled and motioned to the gazebo. I walked over there, clearly annoyed and angry. I sat down and crossed my legs and arms.

"Well?" I asked.

Tamaki smiled and sat across from me. He folded his hands and leaned back.

"So." He smiled.

"So." I returned.

"What's something you like to do?" He asked me.

"Make your life miserable." I answered.

"Come on, be serious." He told me.

I sighed. "Fine. I like to paint, draw, play instruments, sing, play video games, make YouTube videos, and hang out with my little cousins."

Tamaki smiled. "You play music and sing?"

"Is that all that you got from all of that?" I asked.

"No, it's just that that will make Monday a lot easier." He explained.

"Whatever." I replied.

"Now, how are you around the ladies?" He asked.

"Do I have to answer?" I asked.

"Yes." He answered.

I sighed. "I'm a shy retard who doesn't know what to say without making them scared of me or think I'm an idiot."

"So you're the shy time?" He asked.

"To shorten it." I replied.

"Good." He smiled. "Make it easier for the girls to pick."

I gave him a disgusted look. "You make me feel like a stripper or a whore."

Tamaki looked shocked. "W-what? H-how could you say those words!"

I smirked. "What? Whore? Stripper?"

Tamaki flinched each time I said those words.

"You don't like me saying those?" I asked.

"Th-those are bad words!" He replied.

I stood up with my hands on the table. "Bad words? Really?" I walked over to him with my hands in my pockets. "Then is it bad if I whisper-" I bent down to his ear and whispered. "Whore."

Tamaki shivered and I smirked. I stood straight up and looked down at him.

"P-please don't say that." Tamaki pleaded.

I frowned slightly. He looked like a helpless little kid. Ha had a small blush and he had shrunk as if he was trying to get away from me.

I looked away from him. "Tch! Fine. I won't say it anymore."

Tamaki sighed in relief. I walked over to the edge of the gazebo and stood there.

"Now I get to ask something." I replied.

I didn't know if he heard me or agreed. It was silent from where he sat.

"Why do you want me to be a host?" I asked.

It was silent for a while until I heard Tamaki's footstep draw closer. He was now standing right behind me.

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked. "You're the perfect fit for a host. You're good looking. Ladies love shy people, it's just so cute. And you're also-"

"-A jerk." I interrupted. "I'm a huge jerk to you and a stranger. Why would you keep me around?"

"Well, I believe that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met." Tamaki answered as he stood next to me. "I know that there is something else underneath that tough shell. I just have to get you to warm up to me. Who knows, you may even consider me a friend."

'Friend?... Would it even work? Having Tamaki as a...friend?'

I looked up at Tamaki through the corner of my eye. He was looking out over the maze, just as I was. His hair turned golden in the afternoon sun and his eyes shown with something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It looked like joy but... it was something else. It was cute. Almost...handsome.

I quickly looked away as I realized what I was thinking and shook my head. I took a step back as I turned to head back to the table.

"How about we eat that lunch you brought?" I asked as I looked up at Tamaki. "What did you bring anyways?"

He turned back to me and smiled that exciting smile of his.

"Well, I brought a few small things." He told me. " Kyoya told me that you came from the country in America, so I had to look up something that would remind you of home."

He walked back to the table and began to show me what he brought. He seemed to be excited about this food. I bet he probably never even eaten any of this.

"So, you ever ate any of this?" I asked once he finished.

"Well...No. I haven't." Tamaki answered.

"Then try this." I held out a corn dog for him to try.

He looked at the corn dog then at me in surprise. I motioned it slightly at him so that he would take it. He cautiously took the corn dog from me. As he was about to take a bite, I grabbed his hand to stop him. He looked at my hand and blushed slightly. He looked back up at me.

"You better try it with this first." I told him as I picked up the fry-sauce and poured it on a plate.

I held the plate and let go of his hand so that he could dip. He took that plate and looked at it confused. It was a cute look. It was like a whole new world for him. I smiled slightly as I played "A Whole New World" in my head. I shook my head.

"You just dip it." I told him.

He looked back up at me. "Dip?"

I nodded and grabbed his hand to show him. I lead his hand to help him dip his corn dog in the fry-sauce. After it was good and covered, I brought it back up and pushed it toward his face.

"Now you eat it." I told him.

He looked at the fry-sauce covered corn dog then at me. I nodded my head toward the corn dog, telling him it was okay. He looked back at the corn dog and closed his eyes as he took a bite and I let go of his hand. His eyes widened in surprise as he tasted the corn dog.

"Oh wow!" He exclaimed. "This is amazing!"

I smiled. "I know. Corn dogs are one of the things I like to order when I go out."

"It's nothing like I've ever tasted." He continued. "The bread and the meat and the sauce blend together so perfectly."

"Wait until you try everything else." I smiled as I motioned to the food.

He smiled as He continued to eat the corn dog. I smiled softly as I watched him eat it excitedly. He was like such a little kid. It was adorable. I might actually have fun on this picnic.