Epilogue

*Please read ENTIRE AUTHORS NOTE @/ the end of the chapter*

3 months later...

It's been 3 months since Kale died, and Trina was heartbroken. I felt so bad for my friend because she would never get to see her mate again.

She'd never get to hold him, have his children, and she would never have that happy ending that she'd been yearning for her entire life.

It broke me to even see her the way she was. Sometimes she would have anxiety attacks crying out with her hand on her chest screaming about how she couldn't live without him.

Sometimes it made me want to thank the Moon Goddess for not taking Lyndon away from me. I mean, yes Lyndon rejected me, but I don't think that I would ever be able to live with myself if he were to go.

Speaking of, if anyone was in the most pain at the moment it would have been Lyndon.

Sometimes he'd run into the woods and not be seen for over a week and when he did return, he had no reason for why he was gone so long.

Alpha and Luna Marta were also mourning, but it wasn't as bad as Lyndon. They even had to take their titles back because they said that for one, they didn't believe an Alpha should rule without a Luna and they also didn't believe that Lyndon was mentally stable enough for the title.

I couldn't even bare to see Lyndon the way he was and every time I did see him, I felt the need to comfort him. Each time, however, I knew that he wasn't mine anymore and we would never be together.

Our bond was completely gone and Mitch now had a special place in my heart. Sometimes when Lyndon and I made eye contact in those rare moments, he'd stare with those dark orbs. I could see that he needed me and a little part of me needed him too, but I knew we wouldn't happen.

I knew we couldn't be and that's what killed that little part inside of me. That was the part of me where Sophie would take a bit of me and give it to Lyndon involuntarily.

"Hey doll, are you okay?" Mitch shook me a little and I forced a smile.

We were all now at the Alpha and Luna's house where Trina, my parents, Lyndon, Mitch, and I had sat for a meeting.

This was the meeting where I would tell everyone my big news. It was terrible timing, but I just couldn't stand staying in this pack without constantly being reminded that maybe it was all my fault.

Maybe if I were more aware of everything then I'd know that Luscious was coming and I could've told everyone sooner. Maybe Kale would be alive if I wasn't so stupid.

I should've paid more attention to my dreams or maybe trained harder. Maybe I shouldn't have allowed Kale to leave Trina and I.

I shouldn't have been so oblivious.

I blamed myself for this, for everything.

That was why I was leaving, with Mitch. We were going somewhere far away and never coming back. I do feel bad for leaving Trina, but I just hoped that she'd understand why I was doing what I was. I hoped she understood why I was leaving.

I was just so overwhelmed and I knew that this was the worst time that I could've announced something so serious, but I knew that I couldn't stay.

"Yeah I'm fine" I trailed as Mitch's arm snaked around my waist. I looked over to Lyndon as his eyes bore between Mitch's arm and me.

He looked absolutely terrible. His once beautiful black hair was now knotty and messy. His once gorgeous mocha orbs were now a surrounded by bags and stuck in a depressing state.