Mysteries

Chapter 27

Kasper's POV

After they left I was worried to death. Katie was in trouble. I could feel it. There was an unknown prescence with her and it angered me when she was in trouble and they weren't helping her. I needed something to get rid of my anger so I unched the wall. It created a hole the size of someone's head.

There was a sound behind me like a door opening and something was thrown into the room. Thinking that it was more of the horrible food they've been feeding me the past three hours I didn't turn around. Then I heard the soft crying. I turned around slowly and saw Katie lying in a crumpled heap on the floor.

I rush torward her and pick her up in my arms. She doesn't struggle. I figured it must be the bond that let her know it was me.  She collapsed into my arms and I sat against the wall and held her. After a few moments she spoke. "They aren't my real parents."

I stare at her not knowing at all what she was talking about. "What do you mean?" I ask holding her tighter. She looks up at me and stares.

"My parents. You've never met them but they aren't my real parents. My real parents,like you said,died in a vampire against demons war. Greg and the others~they're not even my real siblings. But I love them like they are."

I took in a sharp breath. Katie didn't know this but this but the information of how her parents died was something lost to our kingdom. See my parents and I have suspected the oracle were killing off official vampires. That was one thing no thing a member of the oracle cannot do. Kill off vampires without the consent of the  king and queen. My parents and I were trying to figure that out.

Until my parents "mysteriously" died...

"Katie how did your parents die?" I ask her slowly. She pulls apart from me and sits down on the floor looking down at her hands.

"I saw it all," she says quietly. I grab her hands and lift her head up so she could look at me.

"Tell me the whole the whole story," I say looking at her.

She sighs and I sit back and relax knowing this would be long.