James Maslow Imagine

This is an imagine I wrote for my best friend, Rachel Maslow, on her birthday and she told me I could post it here...so it's dedicated to her!

---------------------------------------------------------

"James! Wait up!" I called to my boyfriend as he ran towards the carnival games.

"But there's cotton candy! If I wait then the line will get too long and we'll never eat!" He called back.

"James, it wouldn't kill you to wait in line for once!"

"Fine. You're lucky I love you."

He stopped and I finally caught up to him. We walked hand-in-hand to the food stand. He ordered a GIANT thing of cotton candy for the both of us and a Mtn. Dew. I just got a water bottle.

After we ate the food we decided to play some carnival games. I saw one of those games where you use the water gun and whoever makes it to the top first wins.

"James! Can we PLEASE play this game? Please! Please! Please!" I begged him

"Of course!" He paid the man running it and we started. In the end, he won a little stuffed monkey. I pouted because he beat me and I don't like losing.

"I love you Rachel." James said as he handed me the little animal. I giggled and took it happily.

"What! No 'I love you' back?" He asked, faking hurt. I giggled.

"Nope!" I replied, popping the 'P'. He started fake crying. "Fine. I love you James!"

He kissed me on the cheek and pulled me off towards the roller coasters. He pulled me into line for the biggest roller coaster on the entire boardwalk. I was having a mental panic attack, but James really wanted to go on it so I didn't show it.

There wasn't a very big line so we got on pretty quick. Once we were on was when the panic attack really set in.

"James, I changed my mind. I don't want to ride anymore. I want to get off now." I said, starting to hyperventilate. We were starting to go up the first hill.

"I think it's a bit late for that, love." He grabbed my hand. "Dont worry I'm right here. How have we been dating for two years now, and I never knew you were afraid of roller coasters?"

I squeezed his hand as we went over the hill. James put his hands up, which made my hands go up. We were both screaming, him in excitement and me in fright. After the first hill, it was pretty fun! I screamed a lot, but it was mostly in excitement.

After we got off the roller coaster, we went and looked at our picture. It was hilarious! My hair was all over the place and James' eyes were mid blink. I pulled out my wallet to buy it, but James, as always, bought it for me.

We went on a couple more rides and then it started to get dark out. There was an Eiffel Tower in the middle of the amusement park and it was all lit up. I bet you could see the entire park from the top.

It seemed like James read my mind. "Do you want to go to the top?" He asked me

I nodded and we walked hand in hand into the elevator. We were all alone and James started to seem a bit nervous.

"Aww! Is little Jamesy afraid of heights?" I teased him.

"No. It's something else..." He replied before pulling his hand from mine and shoving it into his pocket.

Did I say something wrong? Is he mad at me?

We finally made it to the top. I ran over to the edge of the deck and stared down at the park below. I was right, you could see everything!

BOOM! CRASH!

I jumped at the loud noises. Then I saw the lights above us. Fireworks! I love fireworks!

For about five minutes I stood in awe looking at the bright colors above me. Then, after a huge crash, there was a firework shaped like a heart that said 'Rachel, will you marry me' inside it. That's so cute! Someone is proposing to their girlfriend!

"Hey James! Look at that fire..." I trailed off after turning around. James was there, down on one knee.

My hands flew to my mouth and tears sprang to my eyes. It never occurred to me that I could be the Rachel the firework mentioned. I walked over to him and he grabbed my hand.

"Rachel," he started, "we've been dating for two years now. I had so much fun today and I want to have the rest of my life filled with days like today. Rachel, I love you. Will you marry me?"

"Of course!" I cried before he stood up.

We stood their hugging for what seemed like an eternity, before he said "Do you want to see the ring?"

I nodded and he pulled the little velvet box out and opened it. Inside was a beautiful gold band with a simple but elegant diamond placed in it.

He put it on my left ring finger and I hugged him again. I loved it!

"Oh my gosh James! I love it! I love you!" I choked out.

"And I love you" he said before pulling me in for a kiss.

Epilogue

5 years later

I sat in our hotel room in Paris staring at the real Eiffel Tower. It doesn't seem like it was already 5 years ago that James proposed to me on that little tower on the boardwalk. That was one of the greatest days of my life.

James and I are now happily married and have a daughter named Megan. She has James wrapped around her little three year old finger, and it's quite adorable. He would do ANYTHING for her.

Ever since that night James proposed, he has been promising me we would go to the real Eiffel Tower, and now here we are! I was so excited because we were going to go to the top tonight!

"Honey, you ready to go?" James called from behind me.

I turned around and saw him standing by the door, my coat in his hands.

"Yes!" I squealed. " Let's go!"

I scrambled towards him like Megan does when he mentions ice cream.

"Someone's a little excited, I see," He teased me.

"Oh, stop it. I know you are too." I replied.

"Yup!" He laughed.

I grabbed his hand and we walked out of our hotel.

"I love you so much." James stated.

"I love you more." I replied

"I don't think that's possible."

"Well believe it, cuz it's true!"

And we went back and forth like that as we walked into the night.