Chapter Three: Guess Who's Also in Town?

So, before I had Mathias Lauridsen as Cain Johnson, but I couldn't see his face in my mind, so I changed to Hayden Christensen, who I think is way better and I really love him, especially in the movie Jumper! Anyone seen that movie?

Instead of Shawn tweeting, I was thinking of adding quotes by musicians and from songs at the beginning. I think I might to that!

So gonna edit the last chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pop music often tells you everything is OK, while rock music tells you that it's not OK, but you can change it.”

― Bono, On the Move

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the embarrassing conversation with my mother and once the dishes were washed and in the dishwasher, I headed upstairs to my old bedroom with Alfred beside me. As I walked past a guest bathroom, I heard the shower running and wondered which band mate, or mates, meaning Danny and Kat, were in there. Those two like to think showering together saves time, water, and energy. I like to think that they waste more water and time, and I don't even know how they could do it in such a tiny space all wet and soapy like that. And don't get me started on when they do it on the tour bus, 'cause they really do do it and it's not pleasant to my ears. Sound carries, and it's pretty awkward when hearing moaning from the back of the bus while reading The Girl Who Played With Fire. It's even more awkward when they step out of the shower pretending Danny did not stick his straw through Kat's straw hole.

Okay, pulling my head out of the dirty gutter, I turn left and open my blue door and see my old bedroom. Immediately Alfred pushes pass me and jumps onto my bed. I frown, knowing that I was just about to throw myself onto my bed. "Hey, I was gonna do that," I complain to Alfred, whose large head perks up and looks at me, but then puts his head back down. I sigh defeated and stroll on in. All the walls are a dark night sky blue, while the ceiling was such a dark blue, it was almost black and had plastic glow in the dark stars on there. I went through an Astronomy faze and most stars are constellations, including my sign, Libra, which was hard to do, especially when my neck was cramping, and I was getting dizzy. I then knew how Michelangelo felt when he painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

I sat at the foot of my bed and studied my room, which has remained untouched all these years. The walls were still covered with band and movie posters like Green Day and the classic movie Rear Window or The Clockwork Orange; what a weird movie/book by the way. I looked up to see shelves full of action figures of comic book heroes or sci-fi characters. My mom used to tease me, saying how I would spend hours in my room playing with my dolls. They're action figures not dolls and thinking about that gets my blood boiling. Any nerd/geek would get mad when people called their action figures dolls.

I look around my room, studying all the stuff in it, from the bookcase filled with books and comics to the posters and action figures. I had to laugh at how much of a nerd I was as a kid. I still am, but I've toned it down. A content sigh escapes my lips as I lay down on my bed, hands behind my head. I feel the bed move as Alfred comes to snuggle, laying his large head on my chest. I could almost fall asleep right here, right now.

Almost.

"SHAWN, WHERE ARE YOU?"

I huff out an annoyed sigh, contemplating just how fast I can close my door and look it before Kat runs up the stairs. No, I can't she'll break the door down, or find someway to get me out of my room. I roll my eyes before answering her, saying I'm in my room. A heartbeat later, I can hear a footsteps thundering up the stairs. I push myself up, wondering what exactly Kat wants. Out of the corner of my eyes, I spy my band mates come into view and enter my old bedroom.