The Tongue

PROLOGUE

Run....

Run...

Run,that was what my brain told me to do,run untill you find a nest,then you will be safe.The boys were still after me ,I had a slight advantige since I was so small,whilst they were big and bulky and had to squeze in small alleys after me.They were probally no older than 17.

I knew what they would do to me when they got me,they would hurt me.Bad.The only sounds I heard were the yelling of merchants and the beat of my feat against the flagstone road.

Relief flooded through me when I saw the city end and the waste gras land that lay beyond.As I ran the grass tickeled my legs and feat,then I saw it.A nest.I ran toward the hole in the ground,and reached out with my mind.

I felt the White pipe's mind before I saw it.I allowed my mind to mix with its.

"Please come out,I need your help."I told the snake,with my mind.The snake's poison was so deadly it could kill in a matter of minutes.It hissed but complyed.Its white body coming out of its hole,showing its brilliant scales.It was a small snake,no bigger than my hand.

I reached out my hand and told it to climb upon it so that I may it behind my long hair.I felt it coil slightly around my neck,making my shiver,dispite the warmth.

Finally the boys reached me.They looked hungrily at my breasts,making me feel so dirty.

The first boy spoke "Why run,beautiful?We're all friends here."the second boy laughed.

I hated being mute,people took it as a sign that I was dumb.I understood more than normal people.I had an extremely rare gift,I had the Tongue.It means I can talk to animals,control them,speak through them.

"Whats wrong?Snakes got your tongue?"the second boy asked,chuckling.

This made me smile,I held up my arm and the White pipe sailed to the tips of my fingers,where it raised itself and hissed,baring its long fangs.This scared the boys almost to death.

There deaths would mean nothing,they were orphans,like me.My smile grew,I set the snake on the ground.

'Kill them."I told it,with my mind.

"Yes,mistress."came its reply.

The boys were looking at their feat,seeing what I saw through the snakes eyes.I started walking away,and smiled when I heard their screams.