Chapter 14: The hag is a what? Oh and I see my past

Chapter 14

The hag is a what? Oh and I see my past

I woke up blurry eyed. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was in the forest and saw a figure leaning on a tree. I quickly stood up and immediately wished I hadn't.

I hit my head on a branch and held in my yelp. I moved towards the girl and blinked a couple time.

Why was Carissa here? Memories rushed to me and I turned my head and saw my wings were gone. I sighed. I crawled to Carissa and shook her shoulder.

'Wha- Who's there?!' she yelled standing so quickly I fell backwards.

'It's me, Leah!' I yelled and she looked down on me and sighed.

'Are you okay?' she asked concern. I looked at her confused.

'Me? You got up and yelled who's out here and you ask me if I'm okay?' I asked incredulously.

'Yup' she said bluntly.

'Oh.' I started getting and she watched me move. I felt her eyes on me while she got up and I looked around.

'We should start heading back to camp.' I said and she nodded. I walked a little bit ahead and felt her gaze on me.

'What?' I asked getting annoyed. She looked at me with an almost knowing look and turned her head.

'Nothing,' she said and I kept walking.

'So what are you doing here?' I asked and I heard her hesitation.

'I was talking to my father and when we finished I started heading back to camp half-blood and I found you.' She said. Did that mean she saw me with wings on my back? I kept my panic in and nodded my head.

I heard a rustling sound and mine and Clarisse's head snapped towards the bushes. I expected it to be a bunny or squirrel but it wasn't. It was....

'Hello you bastard child,' the old hag hissed at me. Clarisse stood in front of me in protecting stance. The old hag smiled sadistically and started changing in a blob then to a bat like creature.

My jaw hit the floor as I stared at the old hag looking like a naked over grown bat. I knew my Greek Mythology better than that though.

'Is that a -' Clarisse's hand covered my mouth.

'Don't say the name!' she yelled and soon the old hag lounged for us. Her leathery wings gained her the upper hand and clawed at Clarisse. Her mouthful of yellow fangs opened wide screeching as Clarisse had taken out her sword and cut her.

Her glowing eyes glared at me with so much pure hatred I took an involuntary step back. She hissed in pain before lounging at me again. Clarisse was about to strike but the old had had saw it coming already swiped Clarisse and knocked her out cold.