Secretly Loving You: Chapter 9

My phone buzzed beside me on my bed. Another middle of the night wake-up call? Are you kidding? It's almost four! I just won't answer.

I closed my eyes again, and let it ring a few more times. It was finally silent. I exhaled and turned over on my side. Five seconds later, my phone began to ring again.  The buzzes seemed to get longer and louder each time. If I didn't answer, I was going to go insane.

I tiredly reached over and pressed talk. "What do you want Bonnie?"

I heard a sniff. "Me and Chloe broke up. Can you come over? I really need to talk to you." A guy's voice said.

I lied there for a second. I was too tired to process what was going on. I rubbed my eyes. A boy's voice, Chloe, broken up...

Oh my gosh. It's Aiden! I sat up straight on my bed. "Aiden? You guys broke up? Why?"

This has got to be the best day of my life. Chloe and Aiden broke up?  I might finally have a chance! Finally.

There was a long pause, and all I could hear was his heavy, unstable breathing. "Can you meet me outside? In my backyard, where we always used to go?"

Is that even a question? "Yeah, I'll be there in like three minutes."

"Hurry." He said, almost whimpering. Aw, I feel so bad. Not too bad though. It's good he got rid of that witch.

"I will." I promised, and hung up.

I turned on my light, and looked in my huge heart mirror on the wall. My hair was a mess, my make-up was smeared since I forgot to wipe it off before I went to bed, and I was wearing Winnie the Pooh pajamas. What a nightmare.

I knew I had to work fast. I wiped off all the eyeliner with my index fingers the best I could, and applied fresh eyeliner and mascara, as well as silver eye shadow. There, that outta do it. I stripped off the tacky Winnie the Pooh bottoms, and replaced them with some Soffe shorts that fit perfectly. I painfully ran a brush through my knotty hair, and I looked at myself in the mirror again. Not glamorous, but a million times better than I looked before. I guess that will have to do.

I quietly tip-toed down the stairs and slipped out of the back door, by the kitchen. I ran over the light wooden fence separating our two houses, and climbed over it like I always used to.

When I was over, I turned around and saw him. Aiden looked almost angelic with his curly blonde hair all over the place, and a long white button down on top of dark jeans. My heart melted. There were little tears in his eyes as he walked over towards me. I motioned to the tree house to the right that we made when we were just in kindergarten, and he nodded.

We both climbed up the staircase, and sat down on the torn-up, royal blue couch that's been up there forever. The rest of the tree house was completely barren. Our parents made us clean it out when we stopped playing in it many years back.

I turn to him and see that he had been staring.

"What?" I asked, blushing.

A tiny smile. "Nothing. You just look beautiful."

I blushed harder. Did he just say what I think he said? "Thanks. But by no means do I look beautiful; I just crawled out of bed and ran over here." I lied. At least make him think that I always look like this when I wake up in the morning.

Aiden laughed. "Your make-up stays perfect when you sleep? That's only in movies. Besides, you always look beautiful, with or without make-up."

Aw. He's so sweet. "Thanks Aiden. Really."