Who dunnit?

You are a detective in the story. You will be interviewing the suspects, knowing each of their point of views. Make up a conclusion on who the thief really is and why he stole it/did it. The story starts with the Doyle family’s treasure stolen. Meet four of the suspects including one of the Doyle’s as well. Find out who stole the treasure and why he/she stole it/did it. This is an open-ended story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gardener 

I was tillin' 'em soil when that girl Marcella closed them windows in Master Aaron's room. I haven't got an idea why she did 'em. It's was 'round 2:45, yea I remember. I'm sure it was her, kid. That wretched maid stole 'em Doyle's treasure! I knew that she was up to no good! If you've seen her face! She seemed nervous and wary; she saw me but never greeted me. She kept lookin' 'round as if she did somethin' terribly wrong! Suspicious, aye? It was her I tell ya! 

I remember her first day here. She needed 'em money, that girl. She got nothin' with her. No food, no clothes, no nothin'. She should be happy 'em Doyle's hired her, 'em good-natured folks, especially Master Aaron. I heard once that she had a mum who was sick. And recently I heard that she was in dire need of money for an operation. That'd be the perfect reason, aye? She badly needed money and it would be easy for her 'cause she can slip in 'em rooms quickly and be thought of cleaning 'em. Yuck, I never really like that girl. She ain't got no manners, yea? She just walks in front of me not sayin' a word, not a glance, just a look of disgust on her face. 

What is 'em Doyle's treasure, ya ask? No one else really knows, kid. Only 'em Doyles know their secrets. Master Aaron didn't tell ya? It's odd ya weren't told. To that kid this gonna be a big prob. If Mr. and Mrs. Doyle would know they'd zoom 'ere right away. 'Bout the treasure, I heard that it was a blue diamond necklace or was it an...an ancien' artifact? I don't remember. All I know is that em' Doyle's treasure is of national importance and has great value. How'd I know? Been 'ere all my life! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewing the Maid 

I-I didn't do anything. I just followed what Sir Aaron asked me to do. Really! It was around 2:30 in the afternoon when Sir Aaron asked me to go with him to his room. I swear I didn't do anything else except cleaning. Are you accusing me of theft?! I would never do such a thing! I'm a suspect? I-I know where the treasure is located but I wouldn't steal it. I'm not as low as that. I'll show you where it is unless you remove me from your list of suspects. 

I won't tell you where it is! Ugh! You don't understand...You really don't understand. No one does, no one ever will. Sir Aaron, he-I can't say it. It's too hard. It's too shameful. Please believe me, I didn't steal anything. I don't even know what the treasure is. All I know is that it's in a vault with three layers of locking mechanism. H-how did I know that? Sir Aaron showed me. But like I said I wouldn't steal it! I don't even know math, how could I even unlock a vault with numbers and codes. 

If you'll ask me who stole the treasure, it was Mr. Worthington, the gardener. When I went into the room with Sir Aaron, we noticed all the windows were open. I...I had to close it because-what? No, n-nothing's wrong! Like I said, I had to close them one by one. And while I was about to close the last window, I saw Mr. Worthington looking up at me suspiciously and guiltily. He had the look of a killer that made me shiver. How his eyes were trailed only on me made me restless and uneasy. Yes, I'm telling the truth. Mr. Worthington could climb the thick vines and jump through the window. And I can tell he's a smart guy, I'm not praising him. I hate him. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewing Aaron Doyle 

Did you find anything, detective? Ah, Marcella and Mr. Worthington? Detective, do you think a lovely girl like her would do such a thing? My, she wouldn't even touch anything. Trust me. And Mr. Worthington? He is the oldest servant in the Doyle's manor. His loyalty cannot be compared to anyone else. He would never betray my family. I practically grew up with him as my second parent, since my own mother and father weren't always around. Hah, I haven't told them about this incident yet. If they would know, they'd fly back here this instant! It makes me happy-no I meant, frustrated. Yes, frustrated at myself I guess. Hah, I'm sure they would scold me for hours just the like old times. How nice. It's funny how a grown man like me would say of such things. Please forget what I've said. 

It was the Phantom Thief. He stole it. I'm sure. It was a clean inside job, no evidence was left. You don't know him? The Phantom Thief is infamous for his cunning and impressive approach to theft and disguise. He doesn't kill anyone, he just knocks them out. Last thing you'll know, he has left with the treasure. He was reported to have stolen more than fifty artifacts from different museums and household from this town. He was never caught even once but shows up when called for. 

It was him, he wants all the fame. The Doyle' treasure is now in his hands. What's the treasure, you ask? They're secret documents. I can't tell you exactly what it is but they're of national importance, for the Doyle's protection and for the country's protection. Hah, but I don't care. My parents are coming for me!-Ah, it's not what you think it is. I wouldn't fake this whole incident for just that. That'd be too low of me.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewing the Phantom Thief 

It might be me or it might not be me. Who knows~ I'm always blamed for stealing things. One time I was blamed for stealing a little girl's cat. Why in the world would I steal a little girl's cat?! Now it's this treasure of some sort. What do you call it again? Doyle's treasure? Ah~ I have it, I think. I can't keep track! I've stolen so many artifacts and jewelry that I started not to care which is which. It must be there somewhere. Was it last week? What? Yesterday?! I didn't steal anything yesterday, I think. Hah, I sleep walk you know. Did I leave a note? I always leave a note when I steal something. I am a one heck of gentleman after all. 

A document, you say? I must have stolen one five years ago but that was for a job given to me. I don't steal documents or anything boring like that. I steal jewels, diamonds, ancient tablets, and Egyptian artifacts. If you don't believe me, fine. I'd like it that way or was it really me? Who knows! No, I'm not messing with you. Wait, maybe I am! Or Am I? Everything I said was a lie. Confused now? Was it this piece of paper you were looking for? Yes? No? Hah! I ripped it apart. Was it that document or not? Is it me or is it not me? That is the question! Goodbye!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N. Start guessing people! You're the detective. Who could've stolen the Doyle's treasure and why he/she did it? Comment now! Let's finish this story together! <3 Best answer gets a prize! (3 fans and votes in any story--may change)