Chapter 04: A Turmoil Of Confusing Emotions

Yawning, I stretched my arms out and pulled myself up. Being absent from school for two days sure gave me enough rest to recover from that dreadful fever. Now I'd just have to make sure I wouldn't get sick again because swallowing pills was such a pain in the ass---not to mention the porridge my Mom made me eat which I couldn't exactly tell the flavor. The taste was simply nasty.

I nearly flinched when I suddenly heard knocks on my door. "Who is it?"

"It's me, Aya-chan. Your Mom let me in."

"Ryo?" I composed myself then glanced at the time: 5:29PM. I swiftly fixed my fuzzy hair, making sure I looked at least presentable. "Just come in, Ryo."

The door opened then he came in, carrying a small basket of fruits. He was still in his uniform and I knew he skipped practice for me again. He stalked towards me then stood just beside the bed. "Did I disturb you, Aya-chan?"

I gave him a soft smile. "No, of course not. I just woke up." I gestured for him to come closer so he brought himself down to my bed, sitting at the edge. "You look worried. I'm okay now."

Ryo set the basket down to the bedside table then held my hand, giving me a loving stare. "You can't take that away from me. I love you and that's why I'm worried, you look like a dummy."

I stiffened up. "Really? I look ugly?"

"W-What-- No-- Sumimasen! Sumimasen!" He frantically bowed his head over and over again. "I didn't mean it that way. Sumimasen! Sumimasen!"

I laughed then ruffled his silky, brown hair. "I know. I'm just kidding."

"I d-didn't mean it that way, Aya-chan." He caressed my cheek softly, sending me stiff because of his touch. "You're the most beautiful girl in my eyes."

I placed my hand on top of his then smiled, cheeks heating up because of what he said. "Thanks, Ryo."

To my utter surprise, he suddenly leaned closer---pulling me a little closer as well. I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable to happen. But just as his lips touched mine, the memory of Imayoshi-senpai's kiss came rushing back to me. And before I could prevent it, a sharp gasp escaped my throat, causing my eyes to open just in time to see Ryo pull away with a deep frown.

"R-Ryo..."

He tilted his head down, hiding the deep blush on his cheeks. "S-Sorry, Aya-chan. I must've surprised you."

Feeling extremely guilty, I shook my head. Then I reached for him again and crashed my lips to his, earning a soft moan from him. His left hand immediately came to grab a fistful of my hair at the back of my head, pulling my face even more closer to his. Ryo had always been gentle, but at the moment, he was fierce and wild as he let himself dominate and made me entirely powerless under his warm touch.

Minutes had passed, though I could not tell, he pulled away then gave me a smile. His full lips were bruised to perfection and I was sure as hell so as mine. He wrapped his arms around me, placing a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"I love you," he cooed gently.

I returned his hug, snuggling into his warmth. "I love you, too."

We stayed like that for another few minutes more before he opened his school bag, taking out some notebooks from there, then gave them to me after. "I borrowed Momoi-san's notes for you since you need to catch up with the lessons you missed."

I took the notebooks from his hand, secretly feeling a little vexed because Momoi's notes had always been too much for me to understand. She'd tend to insert more information or examples to every lesson---stuffs that the senseis hadn't even discussed yet. And since I didn't have the same brain as hers, I would always have a hard time keeping up. I was only lucky I had my own genius who would never hesitate to help me with anything.