17th

Not edited! You've been warned :P 

Dedicated to the creator of the gorgeous banner  --> 

Enjoy <3

17th

*

"A beach carnival?

Reese nodded excitedly. "Yup. It's great, isn't it?" she gushed, throwing her hands up in the air. We were walking down the school hallway during lunch, heading for her locker. "The carnival is on Sunday, by the way."

I opened my mouth forming an 'O', and held the straps of my backpack tightly. "Yeah. It sounds cool. I've never been to a beach carnival before. There's no beach in Lenoir, obviously." I shrugged. 

Reese turned her eyes to look at me before bumping her shoulder with mine. "Which is why you have to come to this carnival. It's going to be awesome, trust me," she convinced enthusiastically. "I went to this carnival last year, and it was really fun."

I smiled. "What's the carnival all about actually?" I asked, genuinely curious. 

"Oh, it's for charity. This year is for the cancer patient, I think," she explained, scrunching her nose. We finally reached her locker, and she opened it instantly. "I'm so excited! I heard there's going to be some slow-dancing too."

I chuckled. "Dance? You mean, like prom?"

"Sort of." She nodded. "But this one is much more romantic because it's going to be at the beach." Reese muttered in awe, and she made a dreamy eyes. 

I leaned my back against the locker. "Who are you going with?" I asked as she placed her book into the locker.

"As of right now, no one," Reese replied, shrugging. "It doesn't matter anyway."

"I bet someone will ask you," I teased, grinning.  "Maybe Eric would finally have the gut to ask you out," I said in a singsong, crossing my arms. 

Eric Drew was our classmate in Chemistry. He was kind of cute - curly brown hair, and he's got really bright green eyes. The guy's tall, but not insanely tall. I must say that Reese and Eric would look really cute together. 

But that guy was like me, I guess - a chicken who didn't want to admit our real feelings to our crushes. 

I thought Reese was blushing when she rolled her eyes. "Stop it, Ellie. You haven't stopped talking about him for weeks. How could you tell he likes me?" She raised an eyebrow at me. 

I cocked my head to the side. "By the way he looks at you," I mimicked, flashing her a cheeky smile. 

"Yeah, right." She closed her locker door, locking it. 

I let out a chuckle. "Seriously, Reese. He likes you. You're so lucky someone's crushing on you," I tried to convince her as we started walking again. 

"Ha-ha. You're even luckier, Ellie darling. Two of the hottest guys in school are crushing on you," Reese pointed a finger to my nose, and I startled. 

Who the hell was she talking about?

I scrunched my nose in confusion. "What? Who?" 

She stopped dead in her tracks. "Riley Flynn and Aiden Miller, of course. Isn't that obvious?" Reese said, widening her eyes. "They like you, Ellie Burke."

I thought I blushed when she mentioned Riley's name. "What? Are you crazy? How do you know they like me?" I tried to laugh breezily, controlling my heart beat rate. 

"By the way they look at you," Reese used the exact tone I used just now, and pinched my nose playfully. "You're so naive, Elle, really. Everyone knows they like you. The cheerleaders have been talking about you, you know."