CH.1: One rainy day

Dear All,

I have decided to also change this small introductory and chit-chat parts, as it only makes sense.

As I anticipated, here comes the improved and edited version of "Fire and Ice" and it is definitely needed. There will be still some small typos or so, because I will then re-check it once more in a day or two, correcting then the small things. I usually need to stay away from the story or chapters a couple of days to spot them properly. Apologies for this.

Now, as you all know very well (I mean, for my followers and usual readers), this is the very first story I wrote and published on Wattpad, January 2013 😊 Yeah, that long ago. In the meantime, I grew personally and as writer, and this year, I finally decided to take my old stories in my hands and properly edit them. I have begun with this one.

In here, we will have our fantastic and sexy Travis (he told me to write that and I followed his request ^^) introduced in the "Fire and Ice" universe, and also, introducing us to the rest of the other characters and protagonists. As you will see, for this chapter in particular I haven't added much, just mostly edited, polished and better explained things, for the reason that this one had to stay like this, no other POVs were meant to be here. I hope you will enjoy it!

Let me know what you think of this improved version! And for you to know, I will slowly add new pictures, banners and such, re-upload songs if they disappeared, some dedications and such. But this is a rather lengthy work that will need a few days.

As you will note, we will have quotes at the beginning of each chapter, be it from a rock band Travis listens to, from a book, from an author I like...you will see. This one, seemed very much appropriate for the 1st chapter and general sense of the whole story.

In the meantime, enjoy this new edited version!

"If it doesn't set your soul on fire, it's not worth the burn", by C. Churchill

TRAVIS POV:

I peered outside the window and sighed out quietly. Apparently also today the weather was lovely: it was raining non-stop since last night and I doubted it was going to stop any time soon.

"Great," I whispered so low that no one could hear me.

As it could be easily guessed, I didn't exactly like the rain, and it wasn't related to any specific reason or weird memory; I simply didn't like it because it sort of messed up with my hair. I came from California, Southern California, and yeah, I really loved the sun and the vast cloudless sky. But what could I say? Complaining about the weather wasn't going to change it and I just had to get use it, end of it. Honestly, I hated when people wasted so much time and energy rumbling about the weather and how it sucked and the hell, I mean, it wasn't going to change anything, aside the fact you'd annoy someone like me.

I had moved to New York with my mother time ago and it really took me time to get used to it. However, each passing day, week, months, year the city became dearer and dearer to me and I enjoyed it, loved it even. Thinking about the reasons we had to move stirred anger in me, and my blood hissed in my hears. I might say it was a long and sad story, but to be entirely honest, it was not very long, but sad yeah. Well, more messed up perhaps more than really sad.

Years ago, my parents had a horrible and rather fucked up divorce, considered my father was not the nicest man you may meet on the street. To say it all, he was a conservative freak with dangerous tendencies to control everything and decide for everyone, combined to a rather violent temper whenever he didn't get what he wished for or us following his mental, absolutely unreasonable rules. My mother, my beautiful, amazing and super cool and smart mom, was a very independent, intelligent and extravagant person, without any sort of prejudice. So why they married? A question I asked myself countless times and that after a while, she also asked that herself. My father fell for her at first, which wasn't very surprising, and he thought he could change her once married, and of course, right after their Cinderella-like wedding he began to show his true colors. He changed skin just like a snake and neither of us liked that.