Chapter One

I was working overtime at The Dream Club, bartending. I really was ready to head home. I hated being out so late, knowing I had to walk back. Long Beach was beautiful, but at night, it was just plain creepy.

"Cyn, are you ready to finish up?" My boss, Jennifer, asked me. "Cause I think it's about time to just close up. The girls are getting tired and it's just our regulars."

I nodded my head excitedly and checked my phone.

3:23 am

Just as I was cleaning the bar tables down, and it was about to be 3:45, a group of guys, come barging in. I could tell they were already drunk, just looking for a lap dance.

"Please tell me you guys aren't closing up?" One of the guys, with short brownish/blondish hair, said.

My boss looked at me and slightly smiled, then looked back at the guys. "We're still up and running, come on in." She said happily.

I sighed and walked back down the bar.

That group of guys yelled with excitment as they made their way to the center stage. They all seamed to crowd around one of the guys that had shaggy black hair and a bandanna around his head, with a trucker hat ontop.

One of our best dancers, Rose, came out and put on a show. I watched from behind the bar and one of the guys agged her on to give the bandanna guy a lap dance. When she caved in and walked up to the guy, I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"You feeling okay?" My boss asked me.

I looked up at her unamused, "Yea, I was just looking forward to leaving soon."

"I'm sorry love." She told me sadly, "We getting low on cash and need all the help we can get." She looked at the group of guys, basiclly drueling over Rose.

That was the reason I couldnt just quit. I felt bad for my boss. And I hated how the girls always got treated. It was like they were part of my family, since I didnt have my own out here when I moved.

"Hey, could I get a drink please?" The bandanna guy asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

I slightly jumped and nodded my head, "Sure what would you like?"

He thought for a second then answered, "Scotch?"

I smiled and grabbed a glass. I scooped a few ice cubes, then pour'd his choice into the glass. I handed it to him and looked at his group behind him.

"Dont mind them." He said as he looked back as well, "Its a party for me, but it was Johnny boy's bright eye idea to hit all the strip clubs."

I laughed, "You seamed to enjoy Rose's dance."

He smirked, "It was alright."

I just smiled at him and whipped the bar down again. I had no idea what to say to him. He was kind of cute.

"Hey, I like your smile, whats your name?" He asked me.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms looking at him, "You really want to know my name?"

He nodded his head, "Why not?"

"Tell me yours first, then I'll tell you mine." I told him.

He smirled and nodded his head, "Alright, fair enough. I'm Syn."

"Sin? As in like the seven deadly sins?" I laughed.

He laughed as well, "I never thought about it that way, but I guess its like that, just spelled with a Y instead of an I."